Pizza Box meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impossible to get a decent thin crust pizza from a takeaway in the NE. Better off doing your own otherwise all you get is effectively a loaf of bread with a cheese plodged on top.
Depends if you mean delivered or takeaway, if i can pick up i just ring an italian restaurant and they will nearly all sort a takeaway out.
Sometimes say the non existent wife has broke her leg but loves their food or something if ive never tried at that establishment before.

What the fuck is proper cheese

It's Proper cheese,
as against cheese substitute made from dried milk powder which is what is used in almost all take away menus such as Pizzas for example because most folk are too dumb to tell the difference !

Joining the Sunderland Foodie Facebook page has highlighted a growing trend with take aways, pizza boxes full of absolute shite being sold as meals.

I've been known to enjoy a bite to eat over the years, but quality has got to play a part over quantity...but the idea and the pictures of these meals is a little off putting, yet they're regularly accompanied by quotes of 'amazing', 'unreal' and 'out of this world', do people actually have any concept of what good actually is anymore?

Now I'm only judging this slop by pictures, but random take away shite thrown into a pizza box just doesn't appeal to me at all.

"Amazing" will be based on quantity rather than quality.

UK takeaway food is notably poor imo.

Takeaway pizzas, kebabs etc. can all be nice when done well but over here about 90% of places seem completely unable to make them well. Presumably because of idiots like those you mention who get a 2 inch deep pizza of stodge and plastic cheese and describe it as "lusharooni". Should be shot at dawn, the lot.

Alberto's at Coxhoe is the only pizza place I've ever found that makes good pizza bases. Soft in the middle with a satisfying little crunch on the crust.

Alberto's at Coxhoe is the only pizza place I've ever found that makes good pizza bases. Soft in the middle with a satisfying little crunch on the crust.

There was a place called Mamma Mia which was a restaurant near where I lived in Oxford which did collection. f***ing mint pizzas.

Yet to find anything as good since returning north. Might try that since it's only 10 mins from me or so.

There was a place called Mamma Mia which was a restaurant near where I lived in Oxford which did collection. f***ing mint pizzas.

Yet to find anything as good since returning north. Might try that since it's only 10 mins from me or so.

Just make your own frying pan pizza.

Do not attempt this when pissed.

It appears to be the takeaway equivalent of having your bait served on a garden trowel or whatever...

That foodies page is hilarious, if not a bit tedious after a while. The same fat bewers posting their takeaway abominations every day - and clearly a few select businesses where the pals of the proprietor of said business big it up as the best thing since sliced bread.

I've eaten some shite in my time, but the sheer volume of shite that some people pouch in one sitting gives me f***ing heartburn-by-proxy.

Might as well serve it in a trough for the fat fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back