Pitches you have been on

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pelly

Central Defender
Just wondering which pro footy pitches people have been on?

Me: Safc, Roker Park after fa cup 92 chelsea win.

Notts county when we stayed up last day 90s.

Tranmere on last day after promotion under Reid.

Swindon on last day after 2-1 win but pipped to promotion by boro.

Portsmouth, mid 90s, got there ridiculously early (after getting the midnight departure bus from sland) and the groundsman let us have a look including a stroll on the pitch.

Wrexham- thought we were promoted
Oldham Athletic- played on plastic pitch
Cardiff, forced onto edge of it when fence came down
Bridgetown Barbados cricket ground, 10 US dollars

Scored a penalty at half time at Carrow Road 97/98 season. 17 years old and 6 pints pre match. Had about 10 pisses during the first half.
Slotted my penalty bottom corner, and a class reception from the travelling fans.

Also was mascot England schoolboys vs Holland late 80s at Roker Park. Competition in the Sunderland Echo. Scored in the Fulwell End. Downhill from there.

Pitch invasions etc... A couple . Watford, tranmere.

Wonder in the pitch invader from the Chelsea league Cup game posts on this thread. We've never had a better game changer since 😂

Not done it myself but my mate is very proud of the cartwheel he did in the centre circle at Blackpool in the 80's 🤣

Last edited:
Roker Park, 86'/'87 season, I was a ball boy, night time match, ran on the pitch from Fulwell End to 'spray' the ball to Gary Bennett during a stop in play.

Not done it myself but my mate is very proud of the cartwheel he did in the centre circle at Blackpool in the 80's 🤣

Very proud of it, clearly.

Played at the Victoria Ground, Pool.

Pitch invasion at RP

Had a kick about on the SoL and Fratton Park when I sneaked in.

Sneaked in Sid James and had a runabout on the pitch and a shit in the dugout about 1980.

Are we including encroaching behind the goal area as i think most SAFC fans have been on the SOL perimeter given the numbers who get on it the odd time you score against NUFC down there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back