Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a right load of shite spouted by too many people. There are barely any keepers that don't have occasional bad spells. Up to about 6 weeks ago Pickford went though a spell where he had kept 10 clean sheets in 13 games breaking the club record for EFC in the process. He was tremendous and I doubt hardly anyone on here even noticed. He has a ropey spell and people fly out of the woodwork to say he makes too many mistakes. Hes a fine goalkeeper who has done fantastically well for club and country. Hes having an iffy spell - so what?
We in England have a penchant for building up players and then tearing them down. It's bizarre.

There's a right load of shite spouted by too many people. There are barely any keepers that don't have occasional bad spells. Up to about 6 weeks ago Pickford went though a spell where he had kept 10 clean sheets in 13 games breaking the club record for EFC in the process. He was tremendous and I doubt hardly anyone on here even noticed. He has a ropey spell and people fly out of the woodwork to say he makes too many mistakes. Hes a fine goalkeeper who has done fantastically well for club and country. Hes having an iffy spell - so what?
If you're a keeper and currently having a bad spell you're currently a bad keeper. You cannot judge any player if it's a one-off game, whether good or bad in that game. I think the critics have been quite lenient and reluctant to critics his performances. He's always flapped at crosses and punched shots back into the danger area. He does pull off the odd 'worldy' but that alone does not make a keeper.

He's a very good keeper with a poor defence in front of him and playing for a manager that has no regard for any form of defensive training or competence at all.

He makes mistakes but what keeper doesn't? A lot of keepers peak after 30 anyway. Everton will look back in a few years and think 30m was a great bit of business

It's a pity that an element of the supporters of the side he played for, and the club he also supports, seem to be less than kind to him at regular opportunities on here.

It's a pity that an element of the supporters of the side he played for, and the club he also supports, seem to be less than kind to him at regular opportunities on here.
It’s the way some people are never happy unless they’re bringing others down.
Shows that they’re not happy with themselves so need to have others on their perceived level

If you're a keeper and currently having a bad spell you're currently a bad keeper. You cannot judge any player if it's a one-off game, whether good or bad in that game. I think the critics have been quite lenient and reluctant to critics his performances. He's always flapped at crosses and punched shots back into the danger area. He does pull off the odd 'worldy' but that alone does not make a keeper.

That Allison fella had started the season poorly I guess that currently makes him a bad keeper does it?De Gea had a bad full season last year but he’s still a great keeper imo. Courtuis poor spell at RM but still a great keeper. Honestly your argument is a poor one. Pickford being England’s number 1 and a local lad gets pounced upon if he has a poor spell. As I said earlier I doubt you even noticed his 10 clean sheets in 13 games. By your logic that makes him better than Neville Southall as he never managed to do that. He is of course not in his league but a very good goalkeeper nonetheless.

That Allison fella had started the season poorly I guess that currently makes him a bad keeper does it?De Gea had a bad full season last year but he’s still a great keeper imo. Courtuis poor spell at RM but still a great keeper. Honestly your argument is a poor one. Pickford being England’s number 1 and a local lad gets pounced upon if he has a poor spell. As I said earlier I doubt you even noticed his 10 clean sheets in 13 games. By your logic that makes him better than Neville Southall as he never managed to do that. He is of course not in his league but a very good goalkeeper nonetheless.
Allison's only played 3 league games this season so no I don't think that makes him a bad keeper if he's been bad in those three games. De Gea is nowhere near the keeper he was a couple of seasons ago. You must be the only person who thinks De Gea IS a great keeper. My logic does not in any way suggest that 10 clean sheets in 13 games, a record at Everton you say, makes him better than Southall.I know of no one other than you who thinks Pickford is a very good keeper. A rare poor post from you marra

He's a great keeper, still very young and learning. Everyone makes mistakes or has moments of madness. TBF I thought he would be very lucky to have saved that though. Not that he's the finished article but that comes way down the line, like a fine wine !
True. His best years will probably be after 30. For now, hes honing his craft. Stupid thread really.

Allison's only played 3 league games this season so no I don't think that makes him a bad keeper if he's been bad in those three games. De Gea is nowhere near the keeper he was a couple of seasons ago. You must be the only person who thinks De Gea IS a great keeper. My logic does not in any way suggest that 10 clean sheets in 13 games, a record at Everton you say, makes him better than Southall.I know of no one other than you who thinks Pickford is a very good keeper. A rare poor post from you marra

Eh of course he’s s very good keeper it’s not even debatable. Outstanding World Cup, his countries number one, broke a record for clean sheets for his club the best over 128 years and like every other keeper ever he is having a bad patch. I guarantee you this, he will start playing well again soon. You will hear nowt from anyone until he makes his next inevitable mistake. Its the way people are.

Eh of course he’s s very good keeper it’s not even debatable. Outstanding World Cup, his countries number one, broke a record for clean sheets for his club the best over 128 years and like every other keeper ever he is having a bad patch. I guarantee you this, he will start playing well again soon. You will hear nowt from anyone until he makes his next inevitable mistake. Its the way people are.
Why do the likes of Neville over criticise him de gea And loris have probably made as many blunders as him but little gets said

Why do the likes of Neville over criticise him de gea And loris have probably made as many blunders as him but little gets said

To be honest Neville is weird regarding keepers in general I think. He was slagging off the Spurs keeper yesterday for only making saves that were saveable :lol: Its true though we have a thread on Pickford here who has made far less errors in the last 12 months than the keepers you mention but they are just 'off form' or 'having a bad patch'. For me there are 2 or 3 keepers in the Prem that are a class apart. He is a notch below those but as good as any of the rest.

To be honest Neville is weird regarding keepers in general I think. He was slagging off the Spurs keeper yesterday for only making saves that were saveable :lol: Its true though we have a thread on Pickford here who has made far less errors in the last 12 months than the keepers you mention but they are just 'off form' or 'having a bad patch'. For me there are 2 or 3 keepers in the Prem that are a class apart. He is a notch below those but as good as any of the rest.
Allison and edison apart Pickford and kasper are probably up there for best of the rest de gea and loris have been worse than Pickford but as you say that's just brushed of as poor form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back