Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Google it mate were 6th your not in the top 20 now jog on
Suggest you re read it as that article says 13th.

Can't even win an argument with your own evidence :rolleyes:

Too clever for his own good. Trying to be innovative regarding goalkeeping by leaving a couple of players out of the centre of the wall. If he hadn't bollocked the whole thing up he would never have held onto the ball due to the power of the shot if he had got to it with both hands. A spell on the subs bench may chip away some of his arrogance and maybe work out well for him in the long run.

So he’s just a normal human being then?
Only getting this grief because of people over inflating him as a youngster.

he’s a very good keeper. Even De Ghea makes horrendous mistakes.

I’m not surprised his confidence is shot at Everton with that fucktard Keane in front of him. It was the same with England. As soon as Keane was out of the side Pickford was back to his best.

Pickford has made mistakes a bit this season but I think the pundits pick on him more.
Look at Lloris & De Gea this season reckon they have made more and much less said.

For the record I like Pickford and the way he plays he's going to make the odd error.
As for England I've very rarely seen him do many if any mistakes

Pickford has poor game and the old knives come out again. The fact is he is a very good keeper that is prone to the odd error however he is a modern goalkeeper in the mould of Allison and Ederson (not as good as them now but has a couple of years on them) in that he is a decent footballer and will help create chances. That’s why he is picked over other English keepers by Southgate, it’s why his peers rate him but also can be his problem because he is a bit arrogant and over confident.

love him me and hope he once again brushes the one bad game off and gets back to being England’s No.1

When he played for us he was prone to pushing shots back into the danger area and continues to do it for Everton and England. I don't see any other keeper do this as regular. This flaw alone excludes him from being a good keeper.

He is just far too error prone unfortunately.

There's a right load of shite spouted by too many people. There are barely any keepers that don't have occasional bad spells. Up to about 6 weeks ago Pickford went though a spell where he had kept 10 clean sheets in 13 games breaking the club record for EFC in the process. He was tremendous and I doubt hardly anyone on here even noticed. He has a ropey spell and people fly out of the woodwork to say he makes too many mistakes. Hes a fine goalkeeper who has done fantastically well for club and country. Hes having an iffy spell - so what?

He’s had loads of clean sheets off the back of a dodgy spell last season, and quite a few at the start this season . A great run of form . Some people can’t wait to put the boot in. If DeGea, Allison or Edison fuck up , it’s a case of Oh they’ll bounce back , World class blah blah .
I think Schmeichel is the best keeper right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back