Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a keeper and currently having a bad spell you're currently a bad keeper. You cannot judge any player if it's a one-off game, whether good or bad in that game. I think the critics have been quite lenient and reluctant to critics his performances. He's always flapped at crosses and punched shots back into the danger area. He does pull off the odd 'worldy' but that alone does not make a keeper.
Having a really good spell at the moment so I guess by your own criteria that means he is currently a very good goalkeeper. World class save yesterday and a couple of other good ones earning his team a point.

I don’t think Pickford has improved at Everton.

Pope is playing well and could snatch the England starting position.
We would have been better suited to a better club when his value was high.

Pickford is better than Pope imo. It could be argued that both Heaton and Foster deserve a chance before Pope.

The problem with Pope is that his footwork is absolutely woeful.

England want a team to play out from the back which is why imo he'll never really get a chance.

Also Burnley are an ultra defensive side so its hard to tell just how good their keeper / defence is whereas Pickford plays in a more open set up therefore is called upon more.

We found that out the hard way shelling £30 million out on Michael Keane who is half decent but nothing special however looked "good" in Burnleys 10 behind the ball set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back