Pickford critics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neville has it in for him constantly negative. Pickford made an amazing save in the match later but thats forgotten.
Neville just hates goalkeepers. He once stated that any goal conceded was the goalkeeper's fault which is a truly ludicrous statement.

Plenty positives for the lad, great distribution, and as many top quality saves he pulls off he’s likely to make mistakes.

He’s not from a really fashionable team so will not get the lickings of a dog from pundits. Neville seems to have something against the lad, and I normally rate his opinions and he has made some mistakes which are not immune from criticism, but recently it’s been so far over the top with everything seemingly Pickford fault.. But Sutton just jumps on the bandwagon and tries to massively opinionated, he f***ing hates Sunderland and anything connected to us so it’s no surprise from the grade A bellend. I’m sure a Mackem must have rattled his wife or something.

Hated us since he didn't bother to turn up for the 1992 FA Cup Semi Final and was made to look ordinary.

who was it in the world cup that criticised pickford for 'only jumping once he was already in the air' ? i think it was when januzaj scored against us for belgium

he's a good keeper and currently the best english keeper around. he will quite rightfully keep his place for the euros but if he continues to make little mistakes, he will be scrutinised as part of the territory of being england number 1, and Pope or Henderson might get a chance ahead of him eventually for the WC qualifiers

de gea makes 10x more mistakes than Pickford

I'd agree with that with regard to England. He's number 1 currently and I don't think that will change (barring injury) before the Euros. If he has a disappointing tournament and Pope and Henderson continue to play well, that may change.

I know plenty reds who thought Henderson was shite narl. He's a relatively young keeper who has made a few mistakes. Nothing more nothing less. He could do with tempering his emotions at times mind.
I know Reds who still think that. Back to Pickford though, they watch him week in week out and loads of them think it's a position they need to look at. I hope he stays there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back