Pickford critics

Neville definitely has something against him. When he pulls off worldies (which happen quite common) he says they're routine. Pickford could save Neville's from a burning building and still not get any credit.

I'm happy for anyone to get deserved criticism and Pickford isn't playing well but Neville is ridiculous. He absolutely slated him for a goal Valencia scored against him a year or so ago which was hit like an absolute tracer bullet. I couldn't believe what i was listening to.

Plenty positives for the lad, great distribution, and as many top quality saves he pulls off he’s likely to make mistakes.

He’s not from a really fashionable team so will not get the lickings of a dog from pundits. Neville seems to have something against the lad, and I normally rate his opinions and he has made some mistakes which are not immune from criticism, but recently it’s been so far over the top with everything seemingly Pickford fault.. But Sutton just jumps on the bandwagon and tries to massively opinionated, he f***ing hates Sunderland and anything connected to us so it’s no surprise from the grade A bellend. I’m sure a Mackem must have rattled his wife or something.

Last edited:
It's not a vendetta, it's just a case of people highlighting a player's poor form.

Surely nobody is bothered about Chris Sutton talking vacuous shite in a daft accent in a desperate bid to be controversial? Sad day when the BBC started giving airtime to wankers like him, Savage, and Jonathan Davies, who would all be far better on Talksport where I don't have to listen to them.

It’s fashionable to criticise the England goalkeeper. Happened to Hart, James, Green, Seaman, Robinson etc. Chris Sutton is the biggest twat around, couldn’t hack it at Chelsea so went and hid in Scotland.

There was a text sent to 5 live last night about Pickford, saying how neutrals dislike him as he comes across as aggressive, angry, cocky, immature. And this leads to anything minor thing he does wrong to be picked up. I can kind of see the point.

He's in poor form, it's going to be noticed.. He's a top 12 keeper imo.. Will never make it as a top 4 keeper, he just doesn't have it in him.

Plenty negatives I the past from Neville on Sky ,now Sutton jumping in slating him.Most players go through bad spells .Should leave the lad alone ( seems like a vendetta against him) .
Neville hasn’t liked him from day 1 mate. His ignorance is exceeded only by his bias and obduracy. Sutton is a very bitter man flailing around for relevance. I’ll not give any credence to the opinions of that particular pair of knackers, and I’d be staggered if Pickford did.

Last edited by a moderator:
who was it in the world cup that criticised pickford for 'only jumping once he was already in the air' ? i think it was when januzaj scored against us for belgium

he's a good keeper and currently the best english keeper around. he will quite rightfully keep his place for the euros but if he continues to make little mistakes, he will be scrutinised as part of the territory of being england number 1, and Pope or Henderson might get a chance ahead of him eventually for the WC qualifiers

de gea makes 10x more mistakes than Pickford

Last edited:

Back