Picard

Character interactions - great.
Story elements with Vadic as enemy - very good.
Borg again? - crap.
Captain Seven possible led show? - I'm interested...

Calling the last episode "The Last Generation" was wrong. It clearly was "Episode X - The Return of the D" Even had a ghost who's kind good and bad turn up at the end too.

Apparently they had scenes written for both ensign captain Kim, and Janeway was going to be part of Seven's promotion, but they didn't have the budget for it. Shame.

Character interactions - great.
Story elements with Vadic as enemy - very good.
Borg again? - crap.
Captain Seven possible led show? - I'm interested...

Calling the last episode "The Last Generation" was wrong. It clearly was "Episode X - The Return of the D" Even had a ghost who's kind good and bad turn up at the end too.

I didn't have a problem with the Borg being this season's Big Bad as they have always been Picard's greatest nemesis so it is fitting that they were there at the end. They just should have skipped them in seasons 1 and 2

I didn't have a problem with the Borg being this season's Big Bad as they have always been Picard's greatest nemesis so it is fitting that they were there at the end. They just should have skipped them in seasons 1 and 2
I'd say Q has been his greatest nemesis. Just the Borg were one of only two villains who seemed to break him. The other one being the Cardassian who interrogated/tortured him.

I just really don't buy the link (pun very much intended) between the Borg and Changelings. What were the Changelings doing during the whole "kill all the unassimilated" thing? They aren't assimilated so where they targets? Or just chilling out while the u25's went on a killing spree? One great thing about the Borg and Picard was being allowed to do an episode where he recovers from the ordeal. Yet Picard just seems to skip over the mental fallout from all the young Starfleet officers remembering seeing themselves kill their crew mates and blow up Space Dock. And the fact that there must be a shortage of officers now with most ships losing all those over 25.

This is incredible. And in 4K.

as good as it is, expect it to get a cease and desist from Paramount and be taken down. Like so much of the good work people have put into stuff like this.

A few years ago a full VR experience of the Enterprise D was developed. available for free, it was completed and the day it was released, was taken down and the creators threatened with legal action.. Real Shame

as good as it is, expect it to get a cease and desist from Paramount and be taken down. Like so much of the good work people have put into stuff like this.

A few years ago a full VR experience of the Enterprise D was developed. available for free, it was completed and the day it was released, was taken down and the creators threatened with legal action.. Real Shame
Its been created in partnership with the Roddenberry estate so its all legit.
It does look absolutely incredible and we're almost at the point where the real/digital actor is imperceptible. Of course it's usually given away when they talk as there's something uncanny when the lips aren't quite right.

But incredible none the less.

I’m an emotional fish or something because although I enjoyed the final series, the scenes I enjoyed least were the ones that I knew to be slushy and sentimental manipulations to make me all teary-eyed about what is, after all, entertaining telly but not the central aspect of my life and universe. I could have done without it.

How many ‘goodbyes’ do the various characters need?

…enjoyed it though.
I've always though Q was a crap character and spoilt TNG.

if Qs gonna feature, I might not bother.

Last edited:
I thought the series was very good but the last episode was a lame ending to the main storyline so they could fit in the sentimental bit.

Its been created in partnership with the Roddenberry estate so its all legit.
It does look absolutely incredible and we're almost at the point where the real/digital actor is imperceptible. Of course it's usually given away when they talk as there's something uncanny when the lips aren't quite right.

But incredible none the less.
yeah i heard that so fingers crossed this stuff doesnt get pulled. I see they have some of the cage done also from a couple years ago

Apparently they had scenes written for both ensign captain Kim, and Janeway was going to be part of Seven's promotion, but they didn't have the budget for it. Shame.
Also the last scenes would reveal Ro Laren was beamed away by changellings for interrogation before shuttle exploded, and be found in the Intrepids brig. But Michelle forbes wasn't available to film due to scheduling conflicts

Don't think there's any other thread where it's ever been mentioned, so this seems to be the de facto Trek thread ATM.

SNW is back for s2, 3 eps in. Enjoying it much more than Disco, which just went f***ing stupid in the last season.

Latest ep of SNW basically retconned one of the biggest events in Trek cannon, rewriting cannon, but actually making it better and for a good reason, and did it in a sensible way.

Anyone else watching?

Don't think there's any other thread where it's ever been mentioned, so this seems to be the de facto Trek thread ATM.

SNW is back for s2, 3 eps in. Enjoying it much more than Disco, which just went f***ing stupid in the last season.

Latest ep of SNW basically retconned one of the biggest events in Trek cannon, rewriting cannon, but actually making it better and for a good reason, and did it in a sensible way.

Anyone else watching?
Waiting until its all out, then I'll download it in one go.

Anyone else watching?
I enjoyed the first season, but then I was comparing it to the abomination that was Discovery so my expectations were low.

I'll end up watching it, but after season 3 of Picard, everything else is just going to be a bit rubbish.

I enjoyed the first season, but then I was comparing it to the abomination that was Discovery so my expectations were low.

I'll end up watching it, but after season 3 of Picard, everything else is just going to be a bit rubbish.
Agree on both counts absolutely mate.
But enjoying SNW for what it is. TOS style episodic escapism.

The latest ep isn't a classic by any means. It's basically an episode used as a plot device.
But what they do, rewriting one of the founding moments In trek cannon, and how they do it, is very clever. Gets rid of something that ended up looking daft and made It feel a Bit relevant again

Anyone else watching?
Watching it and enjoying it. Maybe not as good as the first series so far but enjoyable.

There is another thread on the go btw. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Back