Picard

And the section 31 film won't it?

That's a terrible idea, either way
yep. If the newer series have taught us anything its that the interest in 'Disco' and that era is dead. It was cancelled, its spin off was noticeably better and more well liked. Christ even lower decks blows it out of the water.

Then along comes Picard S3 and there you go. If they are both poor (sounds like they will be) then this resurgence in Trek will die off quick sadly

No confirmation as far as I'm aware about S31. Could be any era as she was plucked through time
yep. If the newer series have taught us anything its that the interest in 'Disco' and that era is dead. It was cancelled, its spin off was noticeably better and more well liked. Christ even lower decks blows it out of the water.

Then along comes Picard S3 and there you go. If they are both poor (sounds like they will be) then this resurgence in Trek will die off quick sadly
The studio money men can't be that thick surely.

Kurtzman mind.........

Thought it was great, and the hurried solution was very TNG, as was Rykers voiceover log wrapping it up. The previous episode was superb and on another level, but this was very TNG and whilst not as good, was an excellent way of saying goodbye whilst saluting what made TNG great.

Looking forward to a new series now, hopefully a TNG style affair - after all they already have the bridge sets in place and the episode was a good torch-passer. Just hope it's a good old fashioned series. 😁
Unfortunately Alex Kurtzman seems to be displeased with Terry Matalas's excellent success with this and a very jealous. So he's pushing through a Section 31 movie that people have voted against several times in the last 2 years and don't want.. .not in the Discoverse S31 anyway. He's also bringing in a new series, Star Trek: Starfleet Academy which will be set in the same universe and time as Discovery.. a series a lot of people disliked and was f***ing cancelled due to it. It's likely to also have Tilly in it, which is shit.
Both of these will happen first and Srar Trek: Legacy wont be for years and momentum will be lost. He's a horrible twat that has been actively killing 'Trek and not listening to the majority of fans.
We need to post on social media #startreklegacy and about Terry to get priorities changed.

A film is the least worst outcome. Michelle Yeoh was never going to sign up to an ongoing series and a feature film will be easy to avoid it you have no interest in it.

Then again, it make exceed expectations and be actually good (though with Kurtzman involved, I doubt it). Initially I had no interest in Prodigy thinking it would be a kids shows but it has turned out to be surprisingly good, with enough in there for long term fans without the massive amount of pre-knowledge required to understand Lower Decks.

Yet more times I'm going to say that Enterprise should never had been cancelled. People want the NG & to a lesser extent Voyage/DS9 familiarity. Enterprise would have naturally worked towards it, with more about the origins of Klingons, Romulans etc - the thing that were important in TOS and NG.
For the sake of undoing ONE recap episode, Enterprise could have came back at any time.

A film is the least worst outcome. Michelle Yeoh was never going to sign up to an ongoing series and a feature film will be easy to avoid it you have no interest in it.
The problem is the same as Nemesis though. When it bombs, and it will, it will discourage further works.

Just watched it, happy enough with one good season out of 3. I didn't finish S1 and watched none of S2.

Two things- The "Matalas" system, nice touch haha and two

Ensign Sidney La Forge is absolutely gorgeous

Just watched it, happy enough with one good season out of 3. I didn't finish S1 and watched none of S2.

Two things- The "Matalas" system, nice touch haha and two

Ensign Sidney La Forge is absolutely gorgeous

The M'Talas system has been in Trek since Enterprise where it was named after Terry Matalas when he was one of the production assistants so it's not just a bit of ego from the current showrunner.

Wasn't too keen on the other LaForge daughter but Sidney was great. Plus it you paid attention to the end of Ep10, she had been promoted to Lieutenant.

Last edited:
The M'Talas system has been in Trek since Enterprise where it was named after Terry Matalas when he was one of the production assistants so it's not just a bit of ego from the current showrunner.

Wasn't too keen on the other LaForge daughter but Sidney was great. Plus it you paid attention to the end of Ep10, she had been promoted to Lieutenant.
Kim still an ensign though :lol:

Things im confused about

Was enterprise f destroyed?

Riker and troi seemed to have forgot about their daughter,?
The F thing was a bit strange however it looked damaged at the end. plus cleaning Shelby's gloopy remains out of the captains chair probably was an insurance write off

As for their Daughter? well mums telepathic isnt she? will just tell her to go to bed with her betazoid mind tricks

The F thing was a bit strange however it looked damaged at the end. plus cleaning Shelby's gloopy remains out of the captains chair probably was an insurance write off

As for their Daughter? well mums telepathic isnt she? will just tell her to go to bed with her betazoid mind tricks

Bit where troi says geordies daughters, jack are part of the family, previous episode

But they just seem to omit their daughter and lament their sons death? Surely Vadic would have got Troi and the daughter to make Riker compliant?

Things im confused about

Was enterprise f destroyed?

Riker and troi seemed to have forgot about their daughter,?

Apparently according to the producers the daughter was supposed to be at Starfleet Academy but never made it into the final script... which would mean that she was probably borgified too. Perhaps she will pop up again in the future Legacy show?

Just watched it again with a less emotional eye. It's still good but some of the continuity in the closing scenes is all over the place (the "one year later" scenes at the museum they were wearing the identical clothes from earlier) but there was a lot to wrap up in a Lord of the Rings style endless endings so some of that was forgivable.

Well… apparently Shelby‘s story might not be quite over!

Not so fast, says Matalas. “She's hurt,” says the showrunner. “She's not doing well. Look, I have a rule in television that unless you see somebody gasp their last breath and eyes closed and flat-line for six minutes straight, they're not dead. … But you need to feel uncomfortable that, yeah, ‘Did a legacy character just get iced in that moment?’ and be scared because the Borg just took over. But no, from that moment with Elizabeth Dennehy, we were like, ‘Show comes back, you're coming back. Of course, you're coming back.’ She's awesome.”

Well… apparently Shelby‘s story might not be quite over!

Not so fast, says Matalas. “She's hurt,” says the showrunner. “She's not doing well. Look, I have a rule in television that unless you see somebody gasp their last breath and eyes closed and flat-line for six minutes straight, they're not dead. … But you need to feel uncomfortable that, yeah, ‘Did a legacy character just get iced in that moment?’ and be scared because the Borg just took over. But no, from that moment with Elizabeth Dennehy, we were like, ‘Show comes back, you're coming back. Of course, you're coming back.’ She's awesome.”
never a fan of hers to be honest. that character that is. Dennehy plays her very well.

But the cocky monologue about fleet automation deserves an icing for me. Like Riker says her shilling for it was ironic to say the least and she deserves demoting or blowing out an airlock for it
Bit where troi says geordies daughters, jack are part of the family, previous episode

But they just seem to omit their daughter and lament their sons death? Surely Vadic would have got Troi and the daughter to make Riker compliant?
good point

As much as I have enjoyed watching that final episode, there is part of me that is gutted I wasnt able to sit with my Mam to watch this last series together.

Just before the first series of Picard was aired, I was a bit shocked to learn that my 73 yo Mam was a huge fan of Star Trek! Especially The Next Generation! She never said a word to either my brother or myself…. Not a clue!

It wasn’t until just before episode one aired that she told me she was looking forward to sitting with me to watch Picard.

Unfortunately her progression of Frontotemporal dementia over the last six months has meant I wasn’t able to sit and watch this final series together like we have done. I did try, but she just couldn’t do it anymore. So just before episode nine aired, my brother and I had to make the difficult decision to have her admitted into Care Home where she can receive the support we couldn’t give her.

I sent this off to the cast of Picard this morning, as I still try to process what I had to do, but to acknowledge her love of the Trek universe

(She wasn’t a fan of Discovery btw)

Back