Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Doubt it. The days of 22 episode seasons are gone now. No actor is gonna sign up for that anymore.
10-12 is the new standard
Thought we'd get as many as Discovery but you're right, upon looking, the new series are all 10 now - Picard, Better Call Saul. Yet a poor show like Discovery gets 13-15 a series...

Thought we'd get as many as Discovery but you're right, upon looking, the new series are all 10 now - Picard, Better Call Saul. Yet a poor show like Discovery gets 13-15 a series...
It’s baffling how discovery is still going. Seems a perfect candidate for cancellation.

Just finished watching the finale and thought overall its been a cracking series, certainly the best in the Kurtzman era.

Star Trek has always worked best with a different story each week and the modern language has been kept to a minimum. 👍

Just finished watching the finale and thought overall its been a cracking series, certainly the best in the Kurtzman era.

Star Trek has always worked best with a different story each week and the modern language has been kept to a minimum. 👍
I always liked the idea of a big overall arc like we got in Deep Space Nie and Voyager. I even liked that in Enterprise but I'm probably alone on that.

Been a bit disappointed with the first 3 episodes, don’t mind character development but it seems a bit ‘going through the motions’ atm.

Love La’an Noonien Singh. If I was on the crew I’d probably spend time in the brig, that’s how much of an admirer I am
She's f***ing tremendous mind. And I mean in a professional way 🥲 :p
Been saying on picardy thread, cos didn't know this thread was here, clever as fuck way to rewrite (one of the biggest moments in) cannon and explain it In a clever, logical way

Last edited:
She's f***ing tremendous mind. And I mean in a professional way 🥲 :p
Been saying on picardy thread, cos didn't know this thread was here, clever as fuck way to rewrite (one of the biggest moments in) cannon and explain it In a clever, logical way
Aye, have to address cannon because the real world has overtaken mentioned futures! Only got 40 years to have the third world war and be done with that for a while before we attract the attention of the Vulcans...

Aye, have to address cannon because the real world has overtaken mentioned futures! Only got 40 years to have the third world war and be done with that for a while before we attract the attention of the Vulcans...
Needed doing.
Clever how they did it, without explanation but allowing us to assume that all the other time travel stories (kirk and whales, VOY in the 90s etc) have ever so slightly altered the TL, nudged it forward, so it now makes sense.
Very much like DCs Doomsday Clock run of comics did a few years ago, to explain how the old convoluted DC TL had changed

Needed doing.
Clever how they did it, without explanation but allowing us to assume that all the other time travel stories (kirk and whales, VOY in the 90s etc) have ever so slightly altered the TL, nudged it forward, so it now makes sense.
Very much like DCs Doomsday Clock run of comics did a few years ago, to explain how the old convoluted DC TL had changed
While I certainly enjoyed the way they did it, it could just have been ignored like it has been in the past. Voyager end up in contemporary Earth at around the time Kahn should have been sent into space but ignore that it doesn't add up, Enterprise also in contemporary Earth not matching up with timeline, and same with DS9 in near future clearly not being a world that's sent space ships into space. And with Picard season 2 showing the seeds of that DS9 episode with sanctuary districts and the 'Project Kahn' folder and now Strange New Worlds following on from that - with how time travel changes have been shown to work in Star Trek it now means Space Seed doesn't fit cannon as their information about Kahn's rule is wrong.

Also series 2 of Picard is about a manned mission to Europa. Pretty far away that place, considering one of the early manned missions to Mars (according to Voyager) was in 2032. Even though when that Mars mission happened Earth should have been in it's post world war 3 rebuild phase. In other words: making sense of the Star Trek timeline is pointless! (yet somehow also very fun to do...)

Well, surely that's the point that, they're correcting what seems daft, and what previous episodes have ignored
While I certainly enjoyed the way they did it, it could just have been ignored like it has been in the past. Voyager end up in contemporary Earth at around the time Kahn should have been sent into space but ignore that it doesn't add up, Enterprise also in contemporary Earth not matching up with timeline, and same with DS9 in near future clearly not being a world that's sent space ships into space. And with Picard season 2 showing the seeds of that DS9 episode with sanctuary districts and the 'Project Kahn' folder and now Strange New Worlds following on from that - with how time travel changes have been shown to work in Star Trek it now means Space Seed doesn't fit cannon as their information about Kahn's rule is wrong.

Also series 2 of Picard is about a manned mission to Europa. Pretty far away that place, considering one of the early manned missions to Mars (according to Voyager) was in 2032. Even though when that Mars mission happened Earth should have been in it's post world war 3 rebuild phase. In other words: making sense of the Star Trek timeline is pointless! (yet somehow also very fun to do...)
Meant to quote, bit pissed :lol:

Last edited:
Well, surely that's the point that, they're correcting what seems daft, and what previous episodes have ignored
Pretty much all of the timeline is daft because they've tried to stick to a timeline where future events from TOS would now be in our past. Picard season 2 is set next year. Along with that DS9 episode. So soon a supposed manned mission to Europa will be in our real past. Does that need a retcon already or is it best to just ignore Star Trek "history" not matching up with real life?

The daftest time cock up is in Voyager in that two parter in which they end up on contemporary Earth. They establish that the only reason the surge in computing technology happens is down to the timeship crashing in the 60's/70's, which is a result of the failed attempt to bring Voyager to the 29th century due to the solar system destruction event in the 29th century. Which is established to happen as a result of the failed flight of the timeship in the 90's which Voyager had failed to stop. But in the end of the story Voyager is able to stop the test flight and thus prevent 29th century explosion.

As a result they get a time reset to the start of the episode. But what really should have happened is a total reset of time with likely Voyager no longer in existence as the whole computer surge of the 90's now couldn't have happened due to lack of timeship crashing on 20th century Earth.

The whole thing could easily be explained (it's fiction afterall) it's jnot our future it's an alternate time line so a ww3 not happening in a few years doesn't ruin it. If anything I'd rather avoid mass armaggedon just to fit in with a 60s TV show ;)

The whole thing could easily be explained (it's fiction afterall) it's jnot our future it's an alternate time line so a ww3 not happening in a few years doesn't ruin it. If anything I'd rather avoid mass armaggedon just to fit in with a 60s TV show ;)
But but but Star Trek is our depicted future! We need to nuke ourselves close to oblivion to get it!!

Ah, the old everyone forgets everything episode!

"Returning to a planet that dredges up tragic memories, Captain Pike and his landing party find themselves forgetting everything, including their own identities as he confronts a ghost from his past."

Ah, the old everyone forgets everything episode!

"Returning to a planet that dredges up tragic memories, Captain Pike and his landing party find themselves forgetting everything, including their own identities as he confronts a ghost from his past."
Never mind that just look at nurse chapel

Back