Picard

If they bring back Wesley Crusher as well, and maybe the "we are not smart" fat stumpy things, they can have a full house of rubbish TNG characters.

I hated the Wesley Crusher character for years, but then I've grown to like Will Wheaton from seeing him on Big Bang Theory and Tabletop, so I'd quite like to see him back in the Star Trek franchise.

I hated the Wesley Crusher character for years, but then I've grown to like Will Wheaton from seeing him on Big Bang Theory and Tabletop, so I'd quite like to see him back in the Star Trek franchise.

Unfortunately I agree with you. You had to feel sorry for him after that.

urgh FFS - I've always hated Q
He single handledly ruined TNG for me. They should never have put him in the two part opening episode. I couldn't wait for TNG to come to UK TV so I bought the video that was released before TV. I thought this is shite and it's only this last year or so that I've finally watched every episode of TNG. I went through them all on Netflix, even watched the ones featuring Q.

I hope with all this time shifting that looks to be going on, when things are tense and there is no way forward, Burnham appears from nowhere and single handedly saves everything with ease.

I hope with all this time shifting that looks to be going on, when things are tense and there is no way forward, Burnham appears from nowhere and single handedly saves everything with ease.
Didn't you get the memo? Picard only joined Starfleet because he was so inspired by the space Jesus that is Michael Burnham.

yep, you can even see when she gets asked to return

Thanks for posting that :)
Just saw the final 2 eps.

From data's viewpoint, was he basically in a mind prison at that time?
Either way, it's a very sad way to end a chain of possibilities and hopes. Might as well of just died properly that one time. It would have had more meaning of it was final.

Getting into ruining deaths, you can't kill a person off, then pull the old switcheroo and plonk them in a spare body and pretend everything is OK.
Begs the question why not give data a body, one with a finite lifespan. It's exactly what he wanted.
I was fixing the bloody fence again last weekend with my dad, and he was talking about Discovery and how the trill person got a new body, and how they referenced that Picard had also had one, and I realised I couldn't remember that he'd died in season 1.

Often happens for me that I don't really remember TV shows that I've watched, and I do tend to watch recap shows on Youtube before new seasons start. That's what happens when you have kids and you've been sleep-deprived for 7 years!

So tonight, the missus was knackered at 9pm (I mentioned the general daily lack of sleep, right?). So I put the final episode of Picard Season 1 on to see what I'd forgot.

What I'd forgot was Picard dying and coming back. Totally.
Because what I actually cared about was losing any chance that Data could ever come back like he 100% deserved to do. That was the big event of the entirity of Picard season 1 - the loss of Data. Forever.

So yeah, having to see that a second time. Yeah. That wasn't good.

Last edited:
Watched 1st episode new series. Jesus, how much better is this than Discovery. Not perfect, but watchable.
Agreed. It just feels like trek. It’s by no means perfect but at least it’s enjoyable.

I gave the new series of disco a chance and just couldn’t get past the first episode. Awful garbage and Michael is one of the most hateable characters ever created.

Michael may be the worst character ever but sick of Book now too. Every time he's in shot with those big sad eyes, all I can think about is that bloody Puss in Boots from Shrek....

Watched it last night, enjoyed it. Quite a few Easter eggs in the episode Although there is something that’s niggling at me about the ship that Raffi & Elnor were assigned to - The Excelsior. We catch a glimpse of the ship’s registration number NCC 21445 . There was no prefix (eg A) at the end of the registration. are we to assume this is the same Excelsior captained by Sulu 100 years earlier?

Back