Phillips will know more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Previously when the job has come up, I've been against Phillips getting it. Where we are now, then surely this is now a better option than Ainsworth, Cook or some other league 1 manager. Where exactly do these young coaches start off? Aye places like league 1. What experience did Bowyer or Barton have? Phillips has been working at clubs higher than is for a few years now. The names we are being linked with, then for me I'd much rather give Phillips a crack at it.

In with a shout - owners looking to keep fans happy while they find the best escape route and maximise return

Yes he mentioned it when questioned. Ssid he had rang and would love the opportunity
I thought that a stumbling block a few year back, was that he was unwilling to relocate. Mind you circumstances have probably changed in that time, kids schools etc. I would give him a shot tho after thinking long and hard.

Of all the "league 1 experience" managers we've been linked with, I would say only Stendel is one I think, maybe it would work. All the rest I just think is a side ways step and won't make much difference. Give Phillips a go.

Brian Clough/Peter Taylor started at Hartlepool. Everyone has to start somewhere. Phillips as a player was unknown, with little experience. It didn’t exactly hold him back!

We are League1 and not exactly tearing it up at the moment. Anyone coming into this league with intention of playing attacking football will do well. At higher levels it needs more nouse, but L1 is there for the taking with a bit of positivity.

All just my opinion of course 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back