Phil Parkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone on twitter claiming Parkinson has turned us down
twitter full of bullshitters... all trying to out lie trump

what an utter shambles ...cant even attract the shite and hasbeens manager

only at SAFC can a recruitment team need sacking

Last edited:
Dear me, what a farce. I truly believe we were not going to get promoted with Ross but why sack him when you can't attract anyone else? I realise its not up to the fans but had there been a poll which said 'Would you like to sack Ross if the only option was Phil Parkinson' I think most would stick with Ross. Normally, the key to sacking managers is you get an immediate bounce which allows the manager to assess the situation.

Additionally we desperately need promotion this year and need to start now winning quite a few on the bounce. I don't see it happening with Parkinson. This appointment and the apparent failure of the takeover talks lay bare the worrying limitations of this regime. Yes, we have cleared the debt but we were hoping to lay the foundations for a rise back up the leagues like Southampton or Leicester. As we speak it looks like no foundations at all.

Been a concern of mine since the end of our first transfer window under Donald, Hill et al.

This isn’t a reset and begin again situation. It’s a patch up and see if we can scrape it job (whilst keeping fingers crossed the club would be sold on).

There’s absolutely no evidence anywhere on the footballing side of things that foundations are being / have been laid for the long term by the current regime. Theyve covered us up with a patchwork quilt

Been a concern of mine since the end of our first transfer window under Donald, Hill et al.

This isn’t a reset and begin again situation. It’s a patch up and see if we can scrape it job (whilst keeping fingers crossed the club would be sold on).

There’s absolutely no evidence anywhere on the footballing side of things that foundations are being / have been laid for the long term by the current regime. Theyve covered us up with a patchwork quilt
It's far easier to cut costs and trim things back to the bone than it is to rebuild a business or a football club.
It appears from the outside that this is what has happened, and the lack of a clear football vision and strategy is now impacting on the ability to make decisions.

Would you take him back, or stick with what you have? That form would probably keep you in the division.

I'd take him back if we were in your position because it's practically a guarantee of promotion.

If you don't go up this season, it's going to become increasingly difficult to get out of this league.

We spent a decade in the lower leagues in the 80's.

“At this level” I’m sick of hearing that. If we are happy to stay “at this level” it’s a good appointment. I for one am not. I’m sick of watching turgid football and it will be more of the same with Parkinson. Hence, I’m out.

absolutely spot on
Exactly this. The more we think and act like a league 1 club the longer we’ll be one.

If it’s Parkinson he gets my support. All managers are judged on result, he’ll know that. Get off to a good start and the dissenting voices will soon quiete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back