Phil Parkinson

I think he’ll do just fine.
I’ve honestly believed all along that an experienced competent manager would get more out of our squad than Ross and if it’s Parkinson I think he will.
It would be wonderful, were that to happen (to Parkinson or to any other manager we might appoint).
In football things have a habit of not turning out as fans expect them to. I remember thinking we'd signed a lame donkey when Quinny signed. The vast majority of us have been pretty satisfied with every manager we've appointed since Keane. Most of them ended up being a disaster.

The fact that he's now odds on, which probably means it's a current managerial (as opposed to investor aspirational) appointment is utterly underwhelming and possibly the least inspired appointment I've known.

He might be ok. I know it’s a tad underwhelming but he sounds like a L1 version of Peter Ried. What we lacked under Ross was a coherent game plan or even pattern of play. From what I’ve seen said of PP he seems like a manager who has every player knowing there job at every moment, good with man management, good with keeping players fit, encouraging skilled players to break through. If it is him, let’s be optimistic.

In football things have a habit of not turning out as fans expect them to. I remember thinking we'd signed a lame donkey when Quinny signed. The vast majority of us have been pretty satisfied with every manager we've appointed Keane. Most of them ended up being a disaster.
I remember Quinn being carld arl sorts at the beginning of his playing tenure. None of it good. Another example of premature assessment by many.

I thought O'Neill was the man. I thought Moyes was the man. I even thought Coleman might be (in slight mitigation, I never thought Grayson would be).

We arl think we're somewhat expert, when in reality we know very little & consistently fail to appreciate the huge role played by good old Lady Luck. Napoleon knew his oignons, in that regard.

In football things have a habit of not turning out as fans expect them to. I remember thinking we'd signed a lame donkey when Quinny signed. The vast majority of us have been pretty satisfied with every manager we've appointed since Keane. Most of them ended up being a disaster.

I was as sure as anything that the good times were just around the corner after we appointed O’Neil !

He might be ok. I know it’s a tad underwhelming but he sounds like a L1 version of Peter Ried. What we lacked under Ross was a coherent game plan or even pattern of play. From what I’ve seen said of PP he seems like a manager who has every player knowing there job at every moment, good with man management, good with keeping players fit, encouraging skilled players to break through. If it is him, let’s be optimistic.
He employs a cautious defensive game style, I mean what's the point in hiring that, which is in effect substituting one useless knacker for another.

In 16 years!! What about the 13 seasons he’s been f***ing rank?
Sick of people quoting about him promotions. His had as many relegations and double the amount he’s done fuck all...

One of his promotions was 13 years ago with 79 points and his other promotion with 86 points. We finished 5th with 85 last season. He's basically done well when the rest of the league have been shite

He employs a cautious defensive game style, I mean what's the point in hiring that, which is in effect substituting one useless knacker for another.
In all honesty I almost agree with you LDR. In my humble opinion it’s fine margins and Ross was very close to succeeding here despite the cautious approach. A small improvement in game management by the team who are certain of there own and each other’s roles would do it. It’s fine margins and PPs experience might be enough.

One of his promotions was 13 years ago with 79 points and his other promotion with 86 points. We finished 5th with 85 last season. He's basically done well when the rest of the league have been shite

This. People going on about his promotions man. Should we get Paul Jewell in? How about Danny Wilson? They've both got historical promotions as well.

Back