Phil Parkinson - Is he really that bad?

After seeing all the negative comments about his appointment i am wondering is he really that bad as i haven't heard of him if im honest. I know we are league 1 now and maybe expect too much but is it a backwards step or do you really think he can get us promoted. I see his teams don't seem to concede many goals but i guess that he must put 11 men behind the ball which would not be good to watch. Anyways just looking for some honest craic about him

Why do some on here say he's only had 2 promotions? Its 3 man - Colchester, Bradford and Bolton.
Had short lived stay at Hull (not sure of Hulls circumstances at time) whilst took Charlton down after taking over from Pardew.
Did well at Colchester, Bradford (also took them to a LC final as 3rd tier team) and Bolton. Keeping them up that season when they had only 7 players at start of pre season was amazing.
He has shown he is not useless, not a, dinosaur and had many people happy to sing his praises to SD when the Don was checking him out.
Inspirational appointment? Nope, but who would have been, SKP? Great goalscorer for us, superb, but inspirational, haway man.
Got to give the bloke a chance. There's something underlying that is wrong at the club and that he needs to sort first before he can get us soaring.
January is absolute vital. He's got to get 3 to 4 pacey, athletic competent on the ball footballers in, not plodder like Dobson, Power and De Boek.

After seeing all the negative comments about his appointment i am wondering is he really that bad as i haven't heard of him if im honest. I know we are league 1 now and maybe expect too much but is it a backwards step or do you really think he can get us promoted. I see his teams don't seem to concede many goals but i guess that he must put 11 men behind the ball which would not be good to watch. Anyways just looking for some honest craic about him
🤦‍♂️

Why do some on here say he's only had 2 promotions? Its 3 man - Colchester, Bradford and Bolton.
Had short lived stay at Hull (not sure of Hulls circumstances at time) whilst took Charlton down after taking over from Pardew.
Did well at Colchester, Bradford (also took them to a LC final as 3rd tier team) and Bolton. Keeping them up that season when they had only 7 players at start of pre season was amazing.
He has shown he is not useless, not a, dinosaur and had many people happy to sing his praises to SD when the Don was checking him out.
Inspirational appointment? Nope, but who would have been, SKP? Great goalscorer for us, superb, but inspirational, haway man.
Got to give the bloke a chance. There's something underlying that is wrong at the club and that he needs to sort first before he can get us soaring.
January is absolute vital. He's got to get 3 to 4 pacey, athletic competent on the ball footballers in, not plodder like Dobson, Power and De Boek.
Good post.

We are desperate for a big mobile striker and some pace iand prescence in the team.

I didnt see PP interview last night but I think that what he was alluding too. spot on if so.

It doesn't matter what our football looks like - we are ruined if we do not get out of this division. There are not many with a better record of being able to do that. That is why he is here. Correct appointment made.

He got you up and kept you up for a year spending nothing
Agreed, but it was like washing your eyeballs in bleach watching the turgid shite he calls football, crowds dwindled to the point where season ticket holders refused to attend, the man knows one way of playing and cannot deviate away from it, I suspect he will be sacked long before his contracts up, like I say he's ok around medium to small clubs, but no way is he cut out to manage a big club, I will watch this board with interest because there's no way your fans will stick by him.

Agreed, but it was like washing your eyeballs in bleach watching the turgid shite he calls football, crowds dwindled to the point where season ticket holders refused to attend, the man knows one way of playing and cannot deviate away from it, I suspect he will be sacked long before his contracts up, like I say he's ok around medium to small clubs, but no way is he cut out to manage a big club, I will watch this board with interest because there's no way your fans will stick by him.
Nobody wanted him to start of with don't be Suprised if he doesn't last the season

When can we start judging him?

Don’t want to be called a bed wetter

Back