Sure it was US tour and Robertson went awol
Arrested or hospitalised or whatever

Got the gatefold album somewhere
The singles were good
Sun goes down good tune as well
Tough time for Rock the 80s
Guitar shops full of keyboards and drum machines
Most of the big rock names went a bit average deciding where their future was
Tis true. Thin Lizzy type classic Rock took a bit of a back seat with Metal taking over the rock side and the rise of the shiteily clad electro freaks Sorry the @mini-x2 type ;). John Sykes wandered off into Whitesnake, Gary Moore was off doing his rock stuff like Wild Frontier but even he wandered away onto Widdly Widdly machines like Jackson for a while. Glam stuff like Poison and Crue came to the fore with looped and reversed drum lines and even more outlandish guitars such as BC RICH etc, even Judas Priest started to use those god awful guitarsynths on a few tracks

Tis true. Thin Lizzy type classic Rock took a bit of a back seat with Metal taking over the rock side and the rise of the shiteily clad electro freaks Sorry the @mini-x2 type ;). John Sykes wandered off into Whitesnake, Gary Moore was off doing his rock stuff like Wild Frontier but even he wandered away onto Widdly Widdly machines like Jackson for a while. Glam stuff like Poison and Crue came to the fore with looped and reversed drum lines and even more outlandish guitars such as BC RICH etc, even Judas Priest started to use those god awful guitarsynths on a few tracks
To be fair in few short years I went from hearing the Pistols nd buying a bass to seeing Japan and Tears for fears . I bought waiting for an alibi .Into the valley on the same day
Stuff moved pretty quick and I was an eager youngster taking it all in

Thays
That's Houghton for ya son . Run Forest!
:lol:

Class groups them man!!:cool:
Lad of Chris's age with an old hippy avatar says it all .
Sexist garbage, no idea of rhyme or scansion...the music's great but the lyrics are often embarrassing.

"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak, somewhere in the town"

I'd have thought it would be at the jail, myself.

Still, each to their own.
Don't think anyone looks to Rock n roll for wisdom on the universe . Most lyrics are throw away and rarely studied in detail

Last edited:
Thays
That's Houghton for ya son . Run Forest!

Lad of Chris's age with an old hippy avatar says it all .

Don't think anyone looks to Rock n roll for wisdom on the universe . Most lyrics are throw away and rarely studied in detail
I'm sure that all made sense in ya own head.

:eek: :eek:
He must be deaf from all of those years of head banging into loud speakers?
I have a massive aversion to new romantic synth pop like Japan, Spandau etc - Sophisti-pop they like to call it these days. Dreadful. Same goes for the likes of Tears for Fears, Deacon Blue, Aztec Camera, Prefab fuck off rank Sprout. Middle o the road tripe. All of it's aged badly.

I have a massive aversion to new romantic synth pop like Japan, Spandau etc - Sophisti-pop they like to call it these days. Dreadful. Same goes for the likes of Tears for Fears, Deacon Blue, Aztec Camera, Prefab fuck off rank Sprout. Middle o the road tripe. All of it's aged badly.
Each to their own mate, I love them, except Prefab Sprout although the song, 'When Love Breaks Down' is a reet beauty of a tune!! ;)

All of it's aged badly.

Yes, much like me, probably.

There are loads of examples of PL's cock rock wordage..."The Rocker" and "The Boys are Back in Town" spring to mind. Very much of their time but they grate on me now.

That said, there's nothing better in my book than a twin guitar attack - the music has more than stood the test of time.

There are loads of examples of PL's cock rock wordage..."The Rocker" and "The Boys are Back in Town" spring to mind. Very much of their time but they grate on me now.

That said, there's nothing better in my book than a twin guitar attack - the music has more than stood the test of time.
:lol: A hard rock band singing about bucking, drinking and fighting, wharrever next.

Even the 70's Quo stuff is a bit shite imo it all sounds like the same song. First two Maiden albums are up there for the best British 'hard' rock albums ever - not including Sabbath.

I think you're asking a bit too much tbh. They are two great (not grate) songs still, but rock and roll is cock rock. The term itself means 'f***ing' and f***ing has been the theme of rock and roll since its blues roots.

I think you're asking a bit too much tbh. They are two great (not grate) songs still, but rock and roll is cock rock. The term itself means 'f***ing' and f***ing has been the theme of rock and roll since its blues roots.
Been more than a spoonful o' the blues alluding to carnal delights anarl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back