PGA Tour has agreed to merge with Saudi-backed rival LIV

I am amazed how little traction the Saudi-9/11 stuff has made in America, you think with how "patriotic" the republicans claim to me, they;d be over it

I guess it shows the grey areas and contradictions of these people, their great hope Trump openly loves Saudi Arabia, was already on board with Liv, and even on patriotic symbols like the US army and servicemen etc, he openly mocks them for wanting to do that job.

Makes me realise that if they can conquer there, no hope here at all like, they own the Mags, will push that all the way, and I reckon will probs get their claws at buying into the premier league at some point

Capitalist country through and through the only patriotism that truly holds there is for the $… Fox News etc will probably pump out how great this is and half the country will swallow it up

They’ll be a massive player in football within 10-15 years … how they get there I don’t know but looking at golf I’m not sure winning everything with Newcastle as a vanity project is their final goal

Last edited:

Strange one

sorts out the Ryder cup though I guess

I never blamed the players on this who jumped, they are professionals after all

Last edited:
Only thing stopping that is the rest of the PL teams taking a stand. Imagine all 19 clubs refusing to play them. Which won't happen of course, but would be hilarious.

Newcastle win the title by default but don't have any games to play, no matchday revenue and nothing to celebrate, fans have nothing to talk about. History books mark their title with an "*" to donate that it wasn't a proper title

At the end of the day the power rests with the other 19 clubs. If all speak up with one voice the PL would have to act
At the end of the day the 10 of these 19 clubs are owned by Americans Capitalists,who are quite happy to sup with the Devil . Joe Biden when running for election vowed to make Saudi Arabia a Pariah state when elected.Yet when President he went over to Riyadh to lick Mohammed Bid Salman backside .

Only thing stopping that is the rest of the PL teams taking a stand. Imagine all 19 clubs refusing to play them. Which won't happen of course, but would be hilarious.

Newcastle win the title by default but don't have any games to play, no matchday revenue and nothing to celebrate, fans have nothing to talk about. History books mark their title with an "*" to donate that it wasn't a proper title

At the end of the day the power rests with the other 19 clubs. If all speak up with one voice the PL would have to act

Any trophies would have an asterisk now anyway mate

Strange one

sorts out the Ryder cup though I guess

I never blamed the players on this who jumped, they are professionals after all
Doesn't make a difference IMHO, none of the European LIV players were going to make the team and only Koepka was likely to get in on the US side, where the PGA of America (a separate entity from the PGA Tour) had confirmed he would be allowed to play.

Doesn't make a difference IMHO, none of the European LIV players were going to make the team and only Koepka was likely to get in on the US side, where the PGA of America (a separate entity from the PGA Tour) had confirmed he would be allowed to play.

ah really, somebody was talking absolute rubbish on talksport last night then, wouldnt be the first time

ah really, somebody was talking absolute rubbish on talksport last night then, wouldnt be the first time
It wouldn't be the first time. I suppose I could see this easing the path for the US to pick someone like Dustin Johnson if he doesn't qualify on points, but I'm not sure they need to, they have so many quality players who are playing well.

A big cheque will sharp see to that imo. All the big stars will fall into line
He was offered over 800 million to go to liv and turned it down on morals so why would tiger care about a big check. Same as Rory who could have walked away for money.

Rory is speaking to the media today which could be fun

He was offered over 800 million to go to liv and turned it down on morals so why would tiger care about a big check. Same as Rory who could have walked away for money.

Rory is speaking to the media today which could be fun

You expecting Tiger to walk away from professional golf? Even if he can't play he'll not walk away from it. He'll fall into line and get a huge check for some menial work. You expecting Rory to retire too or do you think he'll fall into line? Personally I think he and Tiger have known about this for a few weeks hence why Rory has went quiet on the subject

Back