PGA Tour has agreed to merge with Saudi-backed rival LIV

Sickening for the players who didnt take the shilling. I notice a few players in footy now being lured to saudi on vulgar amounts of money. Boxing more and more from middle east. The sport washing bus gathering pace.

from The Times:

"Amanda Staveley, the Newcastle director, played a pivotal role in brokering the deal. Staveley was at the Masters at Augusta in April and is understood to have represented the PIF in negotiations through her company PCP Capital Partners."

Genuinely feels like we are 10-20 years from Saudi Arabia running the sporting world.

Which in turn only increases their influence on a global political level. Grim.
It's obviously heading this way as money talks and they know that oil isn't going to last forever and they had that Saudi Vision 2030 thing. They will get to be part of most major global sports and the revenue from that over future years will dwarf the numbers they're hoying about to get a piece of it now.

Aye they're going for some 'older' player to join their league now but this is nowt like the Chinese league attempt. In time they could well get players in their prime going over as the money offered will be obscene and a player could earn more in a season than in a career. Although it's another country, there will also be some of the best facilities/amenities and will be developing for the betters along with all the extras/perks on offer.

Start getting a few of the best players over there and the rest will follow like sheep as the money will be too much of a temptation. The league would end up with the best players in the world (like a World Cup but with teams, well franchises) and the global demand to watch it will number in the billions and it will be worth £billions a season. The match day fans won't matter but they'll still pack out the stadiums no matter where it's played (possibly global tours) as those days of match day fan power are long gone.

Having the one dominant global league could mean a massive reset in most other leagues including the Premier League. The huge money won't be there but fans will still want to watch local football teams and it will be more like pre Premier League and Sky money again.

I see PIF are taking over 4 teams in the Saudi League. What's to stop those teams each offering £250m a player and buying 4 of the Mags players and injecting £1b into the mags coffers? Or buying some decent players from elsewhere by offering an obscene amount but then loaning them back to the Mags?

It's obviously heading this way as money talks and they know that oil isn't going to last forever and they had that Saudi Vision 2030 thing. They will get to be part of most major global sports and the revenue from that over future years will dwarf the numbers they're hoying about to get a piece of it now.

Aye they're going for some 'older' player to join their league now but this is nowt like the Chinese league attempt. In time they could well get players in their prime going over as the money offered will be obscene and a player could earn more in a season than in a career. Although it's another country, there will also be some of the best facilities/amenities and will be developing for the betters along with all the extras/perks on offer.

Start getting a few of the best players over there and the rest will follow like sheep as the money will be too much of a temptation. The league would end up with the best players in the world (like a World Cup but with teams, well franchises) and the global demand to watch it will number in the billions and it will be worth £billions a season. The match day fans won't matter but they'll still pack out the stadiums no matter where it's played (possibly global tours) as those days of match day fan power are long gone.

Having the one dominant global league could mean a massive reset in most other leagues including the Premier League. The huge money won't be there but fans will still want to watch local football teams and it will be more like pre Premier League and Sky money again.

I see PIF are taking over 4 teams in the Saudi League. What's to stop those teams each offering £250m a player and buying 4 of the Mags players and injecting £1b into the mags coffers? Or buying some decent players from elsewhere by offering an obscene amount but then loaning them back to the Mags?

Fair, albeit worrying, points here.
I know Mcilroy missed master cut and thats probs why we didnt see him for 3/4 weeks, but I wonder if he was given the heads up

he has barely talked for ages, and seemed pretty down when he was interviewed, kind of makes sense if he realises he has publicly been taken for a fool

Last edited:
Many of the local stations in the SF Bay area when they announced the deal between PGA and LIV also mentioned that 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi and that Saudi was trying to make a big impact in world soccer. Maybe the sports washing by the Saudis might back fire.

Many of the local stations in the SF Bay area when they announced the deal between PGA and LIV also mentioned that 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi and that Saudi was trying to make a big impact in world soccer. Maybe the sports washing by the Saudis might back fire.

I am amazed how little traction the Saudi-9/11 stuff has made in America, you think with how "patriotic" the republicans claim to me, they;d be over it

I guess it shows the grey areas and contradictions of these people, their great hope Trump openly loves Saudi Arabia, was already on board with Liv, and even on patriotic symbols like the US army and servicemen etc, he openly mocks them for wanting to do that job.

Makes me realise that if they can conquer there, no hope here at all like, they own the Mags, will push that all the way, and I reckon will probs get their claws at buying into the premier league at some point

Only thing stopping that is the rest of the PL teams taking a stand. Imagine all 19 clubs refusing to play them. Which won't happen of course, but would be hilarious.

Newcastle win the title by default but don't have any games to play, no matchday revenue and nothing to celebrate, fans have nothing to talk about. History books mark their title with an "*" to donate that it wasn't a proper title

At the end of the day the power rests with the other 19 clubs. If all speak up with one voice the PL would have to act

Back