PGA Tour has agreed to merge with Saudi-backed rival LIV

Also there’s fuck all European players that went to liv that would potentially have made the team whereas the US are now getting back a fair few top picks.
This. All the Europeans who went to LIV are well past there best hense why they've gone there to get the stupid money. The US will get a few decent players to choose from

Will Zalatoris apparently turned down $100 million from LIV..and the amount Tiger knocked back anarl..won’t cause any bitterness like.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, this is their attempt to move on from attracting world stars who are at the tail end of their career to world stars at their peak. At the moment, it's fine if they can pull in Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema etc. but, soon, they'll be the ones signing up Mbappe, Haaland, Bellingham, Weghorst etc. to play in their sportswashed GlobeTrotter four team league for ridiculous money.

Given the way things are going, I think a Saudi/Middle Eastern Super League would be far preferable to a European one. They can buy the souls of as many elite footballers as they want and we can live in a reality where nation states don't own our football clubs.

So the chairman of Newcastle United and Mohamed Bin Salman’s right hand man is now the chairman of the joint LIV/PGA tour. Absolutely f***ing stinks this. People’s greed knows no bounds.

I’ll be very curious to see the reaction of players like Rory. I’m not sure how he can walk back his (rightful) disdain for LIV and all it stands for. I’d absolutely love for him to quit the tour, show some moral fibre.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what has happened but there have been 7 withdrawals from the Canadian open today

A lesson to anyone. Always always take the money. Mcilroy turned down 400m and is now working for them anyway for free. And looks like a nugget to boot.

A lesson to anyone. Always always take the money. Mcilroy turned down 400m and is now working for them anyway for free. And looks like a nugget to boot.
Must say, I think those talking about him walking away are deluded.

He will be more arsed about turning down vast vast sums in hindsight than he will be about the merger going forward.

Last edited:
I’ll be very curious to see the reaction of players like Rory. I’m not sure how he can walk back his (rightful) disdain for LIV and all it stands for. I’d absolutely love for him to quit the tour, show some moral fibre.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him taking an "indefinite" break for the short term. Just play majors maybe.

There are a lot of young players on this seasons PGA tour and possibly the DP tour as a result of LIV players dropping out and they may not get many opportunities next year when the LIV players come back.

Back