Petrol - Good news - price is going down

Petrol prices on the rise rapidly again

What is their excuse this time?

Are Russia bombing Ukraine again or did they already exhaust that excuse?
This. They’re taking the piss. The oil companies run what effectively is a cartel. Turn the taps down and the price goes up…
Oh and you can see what the murderous Saudi’s do with their wealth…
Our next cars will be EV’s

Last edited:
I hope that everyone used the PETROL PRICES app. If you don’t know it, please download it onto your phone or device. I’m imagining it has been mentioned here before on this thread - but I have just joined in.

It is a must and will show the best prices around where you are

This. They’re taking the piss. The oil companies run what effectively is a cartel. Turn the taps down and the price goes up…
Oh and you can see what the murderous Saudi’s do with their wealth…
Our next cars will be EV’s
The Saudis and others know what's coming.Theyll do all they can to keep the price high.
Simple economics rather than a huge scandal as claimed then.
The bulk of the rise is due to the price of oil rising.

Last edited:
I hope that everyone used the PETROL PRICES app. If you don’t know it, please download it onto your phone or device. I’m imagining it has been mentioned here before on this thread - but I have just joined in.

It is a must and will show the best prices around where you are
Is it actually called petrol prices app mate just I'll download it 👍

The saudis cut production a few months ago to drive up the price
The Saudis will be importing oil in 20 years
Is it actually called petrol prices app mate just I'll download it 👍
It is mate… orange colour if that helps. PetrolPrices all one word
Yip. Just type your postcode in and it’ll compare the prices of all the garages in your area
It is pretty good isn’t it mate. I use it all over the country. Save a fair bit

Last edited by a moderator:
The Saudis will be importing oil in 20 years

It is mate… orange colour if that helps. PetrolPrices all one word

It is pretty good isn’t it mate. I use it all over the country. Save a fair bit
I ve just downloaded it and all I get is a route to the garage and an option to enter the prices - it’s like trainspotting.

I m doing something wrong here !

I ve just downloaded it and all I get is a route to the garage and an option to enter the prices - it’s like trainspotting.

I m doing something wrong here !
There is petrol pump type icon bottom right marra. Press on that. You can then define the radius by then pressing on “sort by”

Costco is currently 148.9 for Diesel, a little less petrol, closest supermarket "Big" Asda, is 154.9 for Diesel
In 10-20 years time we’ll be moaning the electric prices have trebled and we can’t afford to charge our cars.
I had this exact convo yesterday

In 10-20 years time we’ll be moaning the electric prices have trebled and we can’t afford to charge our cars.
Atleast you can 'create' your own though, granted the initial cost isn't cheap. It's criminal how slow we are as a country with green energy, no new building should be built without the roof covered in solar.

Can't wait for the day that an electric van has a range enough for me, spending atleast £400 a month on diesel is a right pain.

Says who?
Love to know the source of that snippet of information.
To the best of my recollection, the Saudi's have over 200 years of oil left.
There was a report I read (when over there). I can’t remember the source mate. It was a well structured piece I recall, and based upon their current usage and population (temporary and permanent) projections. The example of the water industry and the use of energy in the desalination process was the crux of it - as well as the general over use locally, and the reliance of it as the only source of income. The diversification of their economy is an absolute necessity - and with tourism, they are moving towards that a bit.

The other element of it was the reliance of the Saudi government to retain “peace” within the Kingdom. During the Arab spring rising in Egypt, they just threw money at the people to keep them sweet. It is one (extreme admittedly) example of how wasteful they are with money / energy, which just shows no sign of abatement. They used to wash their cars with petrol because it was cheaper to them (seriously).

That’s just me reciting what I took from the report! I’m sure there are counter arguments, but I think there needs to be a wake up call over there.

Back