Petrol - Good news - price is going down

Big Jeff

Winger
Average petrol prices have fallen below 150p a litre for the first time since Russia invaded Ukraine last February, the AA motoring group says.
Pump prices hit a record 191.53p a litre in July, as global oil prices surged, but by Monday had fallen back to 149.74p.
The AA said it was "a huge relief for drivers" but noted diesel prices were still higher than last year.

I know it's quite important to some people but I'm tired of people starting conversations about bloody petrol prices. One bloke I see fairly regularly does it every time, even though I never show any interest.

I know it's quite important to some people but I'm tired of people starting conversations about bloody petrol prices. One bloke I see fairly regularly does it every time, even though I never show any interest.
Have you not just shown interest by commenting on this thread.

£1.33 in Denton Manchester Sainsbury's today.

Any former forecourt owners can let us know what they gross per litre ?
In kent we are still paying over £1.80 for diesel
I paid £1.62 in lanchester. It’s a massive difference and someone is getting very fat out of it. It should be govt controlled.

Diesel still seems to be staying high though. Used to be about 10p more expensive than petrol, closer to 25p higher now
Near me, I noticed it had fallen to 173p before Christmas. Looks like another penny has come off that since. Need to get that below 150p a litre.

The graph on UK pump prices over time is interesting and shows what you say, the big gap between the two. It was only 77p a litre in 2008, so well over double that now. People's wages have not doubled.
Any former forecourt owners can let us know what they gross per litre ?
In kent we are still paying over £1.80 for diesel
I paid £1.62 in lanchester. It’s a massive difference and someone is getting very fat out of it. It should be govt controlled.
£1.72 in Canterbury/Whitstable

Back