Petrol costs

The shell garage near me that is 169.9 is getting a. Tanker delivery every day at the moment . Making less per litre profit but shifting far more and they have a decent budgens attached so driving lot more purchases from the shop

Something like that. I'll be honest I can claim a bit back from work at 45p a mile, which I know I'm lucky to be able to do. That rate has been in place though since I started my job in 2006. The union asked why it doesn't reflect the current rise and were told anything above becomes taxable. And people wonder why I choose to work from home rather than clock 500 miles a week.
It's not hard to split though. You just pay the same number of units again with applicable deductions. The entire payroll would take about a minute longer.

It is difficult to gauge what it reasonably would be, as the HMRC rates include wear and tear, insurance and other upkeep etc.

People will be delighted prices are dropping from the ridiculous high to this still ridiculous price. The vast majority have been conditioned to accept it.
Aye. Same will happen with gas and electric. Price will have tripled in a year then when it drops 10% people will be buzzing.
The shell garage near me that is 169.9 is getting a. Tanker delivery every day at the moment . Making less per litre profit but shifting far more and they have a decent budgens attached so driving lot more purchases from the shop
What is a budgens?

Hopefully we see some of these greedy garages going out of business soon. Some are taking the piss and don't deserve any customers
Jet in Wheatley Hill is the same
174.9 at the moment. Hiked their prices ridiculously not too long ago, good to see them dropping
Franchises aren't they? Chilton moor/Fencehouses is always one of the cheapest but is constantly busy.
Pass. I didn't even know that petrol station existed until I downloaded the petrol prices app the other day, so that's a handy to know on way home from the cricket. I fortunately got straight in but coming out it was very busy

Last edited:

Back