Petrol costs

Seems to be finally coming down - paid the equivalent of 1.40 this morning. Hungary capped theirs at equivalent of 99p iirc - thats how it should have been managed everywhere
Just got back from turkey and all the prices there seemed to be about £1.25 a litre

And you still have cheaper beer . Cheapest for a large beer anywhere was about 40tl about 2 quid with most being 50 or 60tl

Last edited:
Just got back from turkey and all the prices there seemed to be about £1.25 a litre

And you still have cheaper beer . Cheapest for a large beer anywhere was about 40tl about 2 quid with most being 50 or 60tl
9euro in some bars in Side 2 weeks ago, cost a bastard fortune

We love it, gonna be interesting having a chat with people we've got to know there what they think will happen when prices rise when they join the euro in Jan mind
We were staying in a 5star hotel in Dubrovnik and I was expecting it to be pricey in there, chicken wrap and a bottle of lager was about a 5er, pleasantly suprised like,

9euro in some bars in Side 2 weeks ago, cost a bastard fortune
I got stung for 85tl in one bar.

We also did 15 large bottles in a bar on some little bay and he tried to charge us 100tl a bottle and I argued that he was scamming us and he had no prices against his menu for beer .. got him down to 80tl

I got stung for 85tl in one bar.

We also did 15 large bottles in a bar on some little bay and he tried to charge us 100tl a bottle and I argued that he was scamming us and he had no prices against his menu for beer .. got him down to 80tl
Aye these had the prices mate, just had nowhere else to go as there's nowt else around, think they all got the heeds together☹️😂
I was there in June and two club sandwiches and two beers knocked me back £25 :lol: The hotel wasn’t flash either.
Hotel was 20 minute taxi to there, nowt else for miles around, spent about 400 quid in a day 😬

Last edited:
Been to the cricket. Esso at Chester Le Street was 188.9 for unleaded. Esso at Fencehouses 177.9 and the Esso at the top of Easington Lane 180.9. Quite a difference given its the same company.
I signed up to this

Really good app this

Last edited:
Jet station at Fencehouses was 179.9 on Tuesday. They put it up to 183.9 on Wednesday. Back down to 179.9 today. The garages are taking the piss and don't get half as much criticism as what they should.

Something like that. I'll be honest I can claim a bit back from work at 45p a mile, which I know I'm lucky to be able to do. That rate has been in place though since I started my job in 2006. The union asked why it doesn't reflect the current rise and were told anything above becomes taxable. And people wonder why I choose to work from home rather than clock 500 miles a week.
It becomes taxable but you’re still better off, just like paye income tax going up at certain points, you still get most of it. It’s a lazy excuse but a common one.

Jet station at Fencehouses was 179.9 on Tuesday. They put it up to 183.9 on Wednesday. Back down to 179.9 today. The garages are taking the piss and don't get half as much criticism as what they should.
How much notice does a petrol station have to give before changing prices?

If, in theory, they saw a convoy of lorries coming down the road could they increase the price by 5p?

Back