Peterborough keeper out for season/Emergency Loan Signed

Are the rules different for premier league clubs. I remember when the mags were forced to play Jak Alnwick for 3-4 games because he was over 18 and had a professional contract. The amount of experience he had was irrelevant.

I agree that it's neither an anti Sunderland conspiracy nor an issue with Peterborough. I do think though, if there's no clear note anywhere of what the conditions are that allow you to bring an emergency keeper in, that its yet more evidence of general ineptitude in the EFL.

As I say, there might be shit rules or guidelines that can be exploited. That's completely different.

It's not all a conspiracy against Sunderland.

Personally, I’d sooner see every team at full strength. It makes it a hollow victory otherwise and what’s the point?
I want to my team to win against the other teams best players.

There seem to be people out there who genuinely believe that Peterborough being allowed/not allowed an emergency loan keeper has something to do with Sunderland being close to them in the league table. I'll never be able to get my head around something like that.

We weren't good enough to get into the playoffs last season before a global pandemic hit but apparently it's all the fault of points per game just to keep Sunderland in League One.
Nothing to do with PPG, we had Parkinson and were, by and large, shite.

There seem to be people out there who genuinely believe that Peterborough being allowed/not allowed an emergency loan keeper has something to do with Sunderland being close to them in the league table. I'll never be able to get my head around something like that.

I never said that; I said their decisions seem to always negatively impact us. The more that happens the more people will see a pattern rather than a coincidence.

If you can explain why the EFL would let them, when the rules clearly state the opposite, fair enough.

You seem to think everyone from referees to the EFL act 100% fairly and without bias in every situation. An odd assumption to make unless you’re completely ignoring human nature and personal incentive.
How many sides have had men sent off against Sunderland this season, it's a fix I tell ya.

Human nature means people make mistakes like referees, or use shit rules with loopholes that can be exploited.

They're not there to invent ways to keep Sunderland AFC in League One.

Are you saying bias and personal incentive are never behind the decisions people make? They’re also part of human nature, not sure why you’d deny that.

I never said that; I said their decisions seem to always negatively impact us. The more that happens the more people will see a pattern rather than a coincidence.

If you can explain why the EFL would let them, when the rules clearly state the opposite, fair enough.

And I've never said what you implied in your last post. Out of interest, how would you have decided the league last season, and which game were we made to play during Covid?

And I've never said what you implied in your last post. Out of interest, how would you have decided the league last season, and which game were we made to play during Covid?
Wasn't it Wimbledon at home when we had that covid outbreak? Summat like 8 players missing at the last minute. It was all a bit farcical because we didn't know whether we had to call the game off or the EFL iirc.

I certainly wouldn’t have let the clubs vote on how to end the season, knowing they’d all vote in their own self interest.

We were told if we didn’t play against Wimbledon (iirc) we “might” be investigated and the EFL could not give us any indication of what the investigation would be for or what the punishment might be. That’s absolutely ridiculous, especially when a few weeks later the EFL has to review its own protocols and it comes out they haven’t even been making tests mandatory. Basically left us no option but to play the game and put people at risk.

Personally, I’d sooner see every team at full strength. It makes it a hollow victory otherwise and what’s the point?
I want to my team to win against the other teams best players.

I'd rather every goalkeeper in the league suddenly turn into Lee Camp, and us walk the league personally. Fuck League One, I couldn't give a shit how we get out of it.

Wasn’t there a game this season where we had a half fit Gooch and Willis playing because half the squad were isolating?
Do you honestly think that they're being allowed because Sunderland are close to them in the league table?

No. I just stoked the fire a bit and watched you jump down my throat.

It does look pretty shit if they’re bending the rules though. I don’t think we’d be able to if Burge got injured for instance.

Last edited:
Are the rules different for premier league clubs. I remember when the mags were forced to play Jak Alnwick for 3-4 games because he was over 18 and had a professional contract. The amount of experience he had was irrelevant.

the rules have been posted which state if they have two fit keepers on pro contracts they have to play. Peterborough do have two available.

Now people are making up by laws in their own head for which there is no evidence, suggesting they may be allowed based on lack of games etc.

I certainly wouldn’t have let the clubs vote on how to end the season, knowing they’d all vote in their own self interest.

We were told if we didn’t play against Wimbledon (iirc) we “might” be investigated and the EFL could not give us any indication of what the investigation would be for or what the punishment might be. That’s absolutely ridiculous, especially when a few weeks later the EFL has to review its own protocols and it comes out they haven’t even been making tests mandatory. Basically left us no option but to play the game and put people at risk.

Thanks, I couldn't remember. Do you not think that it was far more likely that this came as a result of an unprepared for global pandemic and/or the EFL being a bit shit, than some kind of loophole to make sure we came out the worst?

Do you think if we'd have been in the playoffs on PPG that the EFL would have decided not to give the votes to clubs and decide it a different way which meant we missed out?
Wasn’t there a game this season where we had a half fit Gooch and Willis playing because half the squad were isolating?

No. I just stoked the fire a bit and watched you jump down my throat.

It does look pretty shit if they’re bending the rules though. I don’t think we’d be able to if Burge got injured for instance.

If we were in exactly the same situation as Peterborough, do you think they'd let us?

Last edited:

Back