Peterborough keeper out for season/Emergency Loan Signed

I mean Nelson is generally a sound poster even though I think we've had our disagreements before.

It's just these obscure reasons for finding a conspiracy I can't get my head around.
I’m not saying there is a conspiracy, man. I said we have routinely ended up on the wrong end of decisions the EFL make. That will lead people to believe it’s not an accident. Pointing out those instances isn’t saying I think it’s all deliberate and aimed at stopping us from getting promoted.

people do cheat, people do help their mates out, people do make decisions for their own financial/sporting gain. I think it’s just as daft to think no ref/league official ever acts in bad faith as to decide you’re being targeted by it.

The EFL may well have: the clubs should never have been allowed to vote on their own fate.

I’ve never said we are being solely targeted by all these decisions, just that we seem to end up on the wrong side of them. You added the rest.

I never said that and what rule are you talking about? One that has been made up on here?

It was in place for both transfer windows,

Aye it was introduced during the summer window, not the winter one as I had in my head. In our third season down here mind.

You said you can see why the conspiratorially minded people think the EFL are trying to trap us in League One. Your exact words.

It does make the role of back up keeper redundant like. Why bother paying one? Just have a first choice and, if you fancy, a youth keeper on the bench. First choice gets injured / sent off you hope the kid does alright for however long is left but after that you're covered, just get a back up from a higher league.

For me the emergency loan should be just that, for emergencies. The kind of things you can't really expect to happen. A professional football club should be required to have three professional keepers in the squad (one could be an u23 with a professional contract). Clear very early that if any of them get injured or suspended (again, hardly unforeseeable) they don't get a loan. The loan only comes into play if they lose 2 of them at once, which is less likely to happen.
The would make the kind of sense the EFL doesn't do

Aye it was introduced during the summer window, not the winter one as I had in my head. In our third season down here mind.

You said you can see why the conspiratorially minded people think the EFL are trying to trap us in League One. Your exact words.

yes, I can see why some people would think that....that’s not the same as saying I believe it.

It does make the role of back up keeper redundant like. Why bother paying one? Just have a first choice and, if you fancy, a youth keeper on the bench. First choice gets injured / sent off you hope the kid does alright for however long is left but after that you're covered, just get a back up from a higher league.

For me the emergency loan should be just that, for emergencies. The kind of things you can't really expect to happen. A professional football club should be required to have three professional keepers in the squad (one could be an u23 with a professional contract). Clear very early that if any of them get injured or suspended (again, hardly unforeseeable) they don't get a loan. The loan only comes into play if they lose 2 of them at once, which is less likely to happen.

Spot on.

How many sides have had men sent off against Sunderland this season, it's a fix I tell ya.
How many actually is it?

I saw Oxford and Peterborough fans both saying that we were being favoured by referees as evidenced by all the players that get sent off against us but I could hardly recall any.

The EFL should ask two simple questions to Posh, 1 How many first team goalkeepers have you got injured, 2 If only one injured why did you go into present season with only 1 first team keeper.

How many actually is it?

I saw Oxford and Peterborough fans both saying that we were being favoured by referees as evidenced by all the players that get sent off against us but I could hardly recall any.
Not counted Howard but have noticed it quite a few times, I've no doubt it was justified but was just giving Nelson an example that refs do not seem to be biased against Sunderland.

Not sure where you would find the data to be honest.

He didn't look comfortable towards the end on Monday but to be honest I thought it was out of embarrassment at his attempt to save the free kick.
He looked poor for the freekick, it wass hit well by mcgeady bit wasnt in the top corner, you would expect a keeper to get across to it

Back