Peter Reid's book

Over 200 appearances. 2 promotions, a cup final. One of the best players under Denis Smith. Kept us up under Durban, Ashurst acknowledged as much. As a coach under 21's and under 18's. Assistant manager twice and helped keep us up at least 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Do really know that little about the club you claim to support. Or are you retarded?
Saw him his 2nd and third spells with us, and always thought he was a classy player. Shame he was paired with moyes at the end, but prior to that he seemed to be doing a decent job behind the scenes.

Is it still worth a read though or is all the Sunderland stuff he talks about already in the public sphere? Was going to get it for my Dad for Christmas!?

He'll have told it all at his numerous talk-ins. It will be exaggerated as usual. They all do it.

There will be NOTHING new. If there is it will have been invented.

Thought Tina was Peter Stilton :eek:

It was Shilton's squeeze.

Snip
Peter 'pants down' Shilton

In May 1980, the England goalkeeper parked his Jag in a dirt track behind Nottingham racecourse with Tina Street at 5am. No drama there, except Shilts had drunk a few too many and Tina's husband Colin was hardly enamoured with the fact that the pair were "partially clothed" when he tried to open the car door. When police arrived at the scene, Shilts sped off, crashed into a lamppost and was busted for drink driving.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...-egg-scoffing-hotel-trashing-and-cup-smashing

Yeah. Disappointed by it to be honest. It's a bit light touch in terms of details. I read the Sunderland chapters first and he skirts over 7 years at the club in a couple of chapters. I suppose he has a lot to pack in but the rest of the book (so far) doesn't have a great amount of detail

Much in it about Billy Smart?

Bracewell (for anyone who was in this era) was not only a good looking lad, but also a top footballer.

The subsequent abuse he got was either mag related, ill educated or based on his appearance of a fifty plus man. All absolute bellend responses.
Bracewell was ferking tremendous in same side as Gabbiadini. Sometimes he was a step ahead of the majority of our team.

To according to some who never seen him play.

Bracewell should be in the top ten players of fans aged 40-50.
I'm 39. Bracewell was tremendous around the play off season. Sheff Utd away when he scored a screamer at Brammel Lane. One of the best midfield performances I've seen from a Sunderland midfielder. He could 'boss' a game. Dictate the game. Very rare you see a centre midfielder nowadays do that.

I'm 39. Bracewell was tremendous around the play off season. Sheff Utd away when he scored a screamer at Brammel Lane. One of the best midfield performances I've seen from a Sunderland midfielder. He could 'boss' a game. Dictate the game. Very rare you see a centre midfielder nowadays do that.

He was superb. Loved him. Glad someone else has a footballing brain rather than judging someone for his grey hair and grey tracksuit.

He was superb. Loved him. Glad someone else has a footballing brain rather than judging someone for his grey hair and grey tracksuit.[/QUOTE
So true mate. Remember a game at Newcastle when Gabbiadini scored in Gallowgate End when it was blowimg a gale. 1-1 game. Bracewell was bloody tremendous that game. Nobody could get near him.

And being a shit coach/assistant manager.
Talking about him as a footballer.

Recall someone off here & Shilton had something to dee with Hartlepool

Few of the lads started shouting Tina at him :lol:

Mind I was in the clock stand paddock the day Shilton lost his rag

When loads of us started the Chant gave us the v sign :lol:
Remember that happening:lol:

He was outstanding in his first spell and excellent in his second. Based on his first spell I'd probably say he was best cm I've seen play for us. I'm 46.

Last edited:
Meant to be harder than a coffin nail that Billy Whitehurst like.

Does anyone remember him playing for us? What was he like?
Everyone was shit scared of him, but he was a very limited footballer, just put himself about a lot. As I remember, I thought he was alright, nothing special. Was Marcos minder for a bit

He was my favourite player, but he jumped ship to the mags so I always classed him as tainted after that.

Last edited:

Back