Peter Reid's book

First impressions are good. There is a great photograph of the Sunderland dug out circa 1997 at Roker Park against Man Utd. Reid, Bracewell, Sacko, Quinny, John Cooke, Agnew and Alex Ferguson.

Anyone else reading it?
Yeah. Disappointed by it to be honest. It's a bit light touch in terms of details. I read the Sunderland chapters first and he skirts over 7 years at the club in a couple of chapters. I suppose he has a lot to pack in but the rest of the book (so far) doesn't have a great amount of detail

Yeah. Disappointed by it to be honest. It's a bit light touch in terms of details. I read the Sunderland chapters first and he skirts over 7 years at the club in a couple of chapters. I suppose he has a lot to pack in but the rest of the book (so far) doesn't have a great amount of detail

Is it still worth a read though or is all the Sunderland stuff he talks about already in the public sphere? Was going to get it for my Dad for Christmas!?

Agreed

It’s an interesting book, but it feels pretty short

Is it still worth a read though or is all the Sunderland stuff he talks about already in the public sphere? Was going to get it for my Dad for Christmas!?
Nothing earth shattering to be honest. He spoke to Blackburn about taking over as manager 1999/2000 which I didn't know. Not much else apart from that

Agreed

It’s an interesting book, but it feels pretty short
Exactly this. I was hoping he'd really get under the skin of his time here and speak about what changed in 2002 that led to his eventual sacking but he just recalls high level events like he's reading a time line

"we finished 7th and didn't kick on, I should have pushed for better signings. Then we finished 4th bottom. Then we lost to Arsenal and I was sacked"

or words to that effect. Disappointed

Shameful the money he earned from the club for contributing what exactly ?

Over 200 appearances. 2 promotions, a cup final. One of the best players under Denis Smith. Kept us up under Durban, Ashurst acknowledged as much. As a coach under 21's and under 18's. Assistant manager twice and helped keep us up at least 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Do really know that little about the club you claim to support. Or are you retarded?

To anyone who has finished the book, does it end in a cliffhanger suggesting there will be a sequel? :)

Over 200 appearances. 2 promotions, a cup final. One of the best players under Denis Smith. Kept us up under Durban, Ashurst acknowledged as much. As a coach under 21's and under 18's. Assistant manager twice and helped keep us up at least 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Do really know that little about the club you claim to support. Or are you retarded?
I think you might find that many did not forgive him for going to the mags under keegan. Sunderland never forget. Tina

It was but that is the example of how we never forget. Well spotted.

Recall someone off here & Shilton had something to dee with Hartlepool

Few of the lads started shouting Tina at him :lol:

Mind I was in the clock stand paddock the day Shilton lost his rag

When loads of us started the Chant gave us the v sign :lol:

Recall someone off here & Shilton had something to dee with Hartlepool

Few of the lads started shouting Tina at him :lol:

Mind I was in the clock stand paddock the day Shilton lost his rag

When loads of us started the Chant gave us the v sign :lol:
I was really young the first time I heard the fulwell end start shouting TEEEENARRR. I think the last time was against derby early nineties probably ten years later. Still funny, by that time I understood what it meant.

Back