Peter Beardsley NDOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye there was a big panic at the mags a few years ago over him and Steve Stone picking on the academy players, making them feel like shit, comparing them to himself etc. Proper small man syndrome.

It didn't break the players contractual arrangement though so they were 'cleared' aka not fined. But a couple of the kids got up and left the club over it. Seems to be enough for the mags to forget about it

Not the condition that normally comes to mind when i see him :lol:

I met him in Ponteland once. Spoke to him and he asked if I was a Newcastle fan, I put him right. He was very friendly and have me a ticket for some football event he was doing at Carlisle. Gave me an autograph for my nephew. We nearly did and should have signed him from Carlisle before he went to Canada. £250,000 I think the price was!!!

He loves NUFC that much that he couldn't get away quick enough when they were relegated. Conversely he couldn't wait to join the toon army Keegan bandwagon towards the end of his career, although he did have to have a lucrative testimonial to celebrate his few years service. Loves the club though :)

TBF best English player I ever saw, he was a great footballer.

Before my time but Raich Carter would have the claim to be the North Easts greatest ever.His contemporaries all say he was on a different level.

My grandfather (Rip) who was a Blackpool fan having been born down there said Raich was the second greatest player he'd ever seen in the flesh. After George Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back