Personality type

There's some pretty robust evidence that personality traits impact career success (financial and subjective). As mentioned, however, personality 'types' have been thoroughly debunked yet remain widely used in training and assessment, unfortunately.

There's some pretty robust evidence that personality traits impact career success (financial and subjective). As mentioned, however, personality 'types' have been thoroughly debunked yet remain widely used in training and assessment, unfortunately.
Well said - total bollix

Imagine taking a test to tell you what you are :) OP should actually be ashamed of himself putting up such online dribble ;)

Err, don't use the word 'types' mate.

Imagine taking a test to tell you what you are :) OP should actually be ashamed of himself putting up such online dribble ;)

Why not? The Jungian and Mayers Briggs personality typologies are literally called personality 'types'. The reason I put the air quotes around them is that there is a lack of empirical support behind the groupings. They're a load of old nonsense.

Why not? The Jungian and Mayers Briggs personality typologies are literally called personality 'types'. The reason I put the air quotes around them is that there is a lack of empirical support behind the groupings. They're a load of old nonsense.

Because you will have the Mullah Brothers, the wokerites, the Gulag gang and a couple of other tribes after you...oh just realised this isn't the Politics forum :) :)

I just thought I would put some light relief up to take or leave . Beats 'talking to' the opinionated bitter on the politics forum .
Speaking of which won't they be missing you ?

What's your style? .
Did this year's ago but feel I have changed a bit so took it again .

Nope, still an IFNJ .

ENTP​

Extravert(9%) iNtuitive(56%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(9%)
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (9%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (9%)
ENTPs’ capacity for debate is legendary, but that doesn’t mean that it’s always helpful. When they openly question their boss in a meeting or pick apart everything that their significant other says, these sharp personalities may think they’re being champions of rationality and logic. But they may also be doing their chances of success and happiness more harm than good.

Not every occasion calls for this personality type’s default contrarianism, and most people can only stand to have their beliefs questioned and their feelings brushed aside for so long. As a result, ENTPs may find that their quarrelsome fun burns many bridges, often inadvertently. These personalities are respected for their vision, confidence, knowledge, and keen sense of humor – but unless they cultivate a bit of sensitivity, they may struggle to maintain deeper relationships or even to achieve their professional goals.”

😬

Did one of these types
of things on a “ management course “ sometime back.

Once the results were out some people actually started to reinforce their “ characteristics “ throughout the course . Playing the part so to speak.

Bizzare , mildly amusing and totally f***ing weird.
Yeah, I’ve seen this before. Weird.

Last edited:
This is Myers Briggs. I prefer Insights Discovery. Easier shorthand - but which is subject to misinterpretation and assumption as a result - the most simple of which is expressed via colour ‘behavioural preferences’

ESTJ

The ESTJ is outspoken, a person of principles, which are readily expressed. The ESTJ is not afraid to stand up for what he or she believes is right even in the face of overwhelming odds. ESTJs are able to make the tough calls

Sums me right up that. A crusader 🤣🤔

Back