People who've had loads of jobs

I've had about 15 jobs in the last 18 months.

Too much red tape, too many middle men, too many corporate arseholes at the top telling us peasants what to do, being paid late. Sure too many jobs in a short amount of time is definitely a red flag, but there's also self-worth like if you're willing to be treat like a peasant and be paid late all the time you're gonna look like a weak arsehole. I'm just that guy who wants to work but in fair stable conditions.

I've had about 15 jobs in the last 18 months.

Too much red tape, too many middle men, too many corporate arseholes at the top telling us peasants what to do, being paid late. Sure too many jobs in a short amount of time is definitely a red flag, but there's also self-worth like if you're willing to be treat like a peasant and be paid late all the time you're gonna look like a weak arsehole. I'm just that guy who wants to work but in fair stable conditions.
15 jobs in 18 months, 🤔 😆

15 jobs in 18 months, 🤔 😆

I'm currently looking for #16. Latest one was the promise of being paid weekly but it's coming 3 weeks in arrears. Hard to budget and that when they're saying one thing and doing another, missing out on rent and all sorts so very viable excuse if you ask me.

Security industry is very notorious for being full of cowboys. Doesn't help when the 1 top of the food chain G4S is the biggest culprit.
When I worked with G4S I got stuck with a 74 year old gadgie at a hospital, apparently physically and fit well enough to hold a SIA license, can only walk on 1 leg, diabetes, can't walk up stairs has to use the lift instead, he should be a f***ing patient in the hospital not an employee.
Should of been allowed to claim carers allowance working with the fucker.

Last edited:
I'm currently looking for #16. Latest one was the promise of being paid weekly but it's coming 3 weeks in arrears. Hard to budget and that when they're saying one thing and doing another, missing out on rent and all sorts so very viable excuse if you ask me.

Security industry is very notorious for being full of cowboys. Doesn't help when the 1 top of the food chain G4S is the biggest culprit.
When I worked with G4S I got stuck with a 74 year old gadgie at a hospital, apparently physically and fit well enough to hold a SIA license, can only walk on 1 leg, diabetes, can't walk up stairs has to use the lift instead, he should be a f***ing patient in the hospital not an employee.
I think @Gillythedilf is taking on at the minute marra.

Sry m8 , Grim af. :eek: 🙏

As a teacher ..... We now prepare students for a quick changing work place , a job for life isnt a thing now. The changing economic landscape offers quicker changes so exchangeable skills are seen as more important than staying in one place for ages. Employers now expect a long CV of past jobs. They can be put off by gaps in employment still.

we had a manager who was appointed in 2019. He had never worked in the business or sailed on a ship before, but had spent his entire career spending 2 years at a company then leaving.

We soon found out why, he was a piece of shit.

left after 3 years

22 years at my place now since I started working their part time at 19. I've done a fair few different roles in my time and worked my way up thr greasy pole.

I understand people saying different experiences are good but as I said on a different thread not too long ago, there are loads of career blaggers who go to a diffetent job every year because they achieve fuck all and get found out.

I also wonder if the national minimum wage has had an effect, kids are guaranteed to be paid a minimum salary regardless of where they go and what they do.

Kids over 21 guaranteed £20k regardless of what they do and personal circumstances.

The NMW is no doubt a good thing, I wonder if it’s stifling ambition.
You’re taking the cost of living out of the equation. I would agree with you if this was 10-15 year ago.

I've done an average of 3 years at each job I had, I keep getting headhunted and my wage goes up considerably each time. Why would I stay for a max 10% pay rise each year when i can get 40% 50% or more to move?

I changed jobs quite a bit when I was young but my ‘quite a bit’ was probably a lot of people’s ‘stable career development’. Basically it was a combination of figuring out what I wanted to do and having some adventures. I didn’t realise at the time that was what I was doing but I also didn’t realise that I was developing a whole raft of transferable skills that came in useful when I settled on a more focused career path. Then I went to night school and slogged my guts out at t bottom Of the ladder I was hoping to climb.

I then gathered experience, built more qualifications and skills, changed sectors and worked in various industries (but all in the same occupational area - albeit broadening) until I got to the point where experience and self awareness told me that I didn’t want to push any further because even greater responsibility and higher salary also brought with it a whole load of stress and shite to deal with that I wasn’t prepared to suffer.

I worked my way to a ‘good’ salary level and, to be honest, I stuck where I was in the final five years of my career because I was paid well enough, the pension/pensions was/were gonna be good and my head didn’t need to be above any parapets. Been there, done that. I think I was considered to be surprisingly broadly experienced and knowledgeable in my field by the time I was due to retire and spent the last two or three years focused on coaching and mentoring younger people whilst being assigned to a variety of projects.

It‘s not until you’re answering a question, chatting to someone about your worklife of contributing to a thread like this that you look back and realise how much you did

Not someone I'd be rushing to employ personally. Flakey people aren't to be relied on.

My old accounting partner was like that. Didn't like candidates with lots of job changes. Cannot blame him really. You want reliability and to be able to build trust. Plus it costs a lot of time and resources to recruit. I think I would be the same.

I can also see why people do it. Good way to improve your pay/benefits/work life balance if you can get away with it.

I've had a lot of moves in the last 10 years tbh - two were places I left before probation because they weren't right for me, then I fell into a trap of FTCs to keep the house I'd worked hard for. Been at my current almost 4 years and I'm looking for a new job now.

Been at my company 21 years now, only joined as a part time 17 year old to see me through my studies, and ended up staying and making a career out of it. Often wondered if I could have achieved more there if I'd really took it seriously my first 4-5 years instead of doing degrees which have had zero impact on my career, but c'est la vie.

Unlikely to leave my current place unless made redundant - my redundancy package is a bit old-school and very good, the sort where I'd need to be getting an almost 60-70% pay increase to consider sacrificing it. And I enjoy the job, know everyone there and I'm very happy, so no reason for me to change.

However, i've done 10 different roles throughout my time there, and tend to get a bit bored in a role after a couple of years and start browsing the internal jobs board. So I imagine that once I do leave, I'll be the sort to go from place to place every few years. I think it's somewhat common now.

God knows as it still won’t let me haha
Well thats odd. I have loads of space however i tried to send you one and won't let me. No idea.
You looking for graft?
What discipline etc?
Plenty going on in O&G, especially here in SE Texas and more so in Middle East and KSA.

22 years at my place now since I started working their part time at 19. I've done a fair few different roles in my time and worked my way up thr greasy pole.

I understand people saying different experiences are good but as I said on a different thread not too long ago, there are loads of career blaggers who go to a diffetent job every year because they achieve fuck all and get found out.

Proofreader?

Back