People who've had loads of jobs

JAZZMANB

Striker
Are you one ?
Readings cv's at the moment and people are staying less than a year in a job and moving on
No doubt its not their fault etc ..
What's the score?

Do projects for total jobs and wasnt aware theres a month (april iirc) where many folk change jobs each year and tj bonuses go through the roof.

Someone of @MackneyHackem s ilk may confirm this.
Prob more of a london thing.

Personally worked one place 2 years.
Another place 2 years.
9 years elsewhere.
17 on my own.

Fuck im old!

Do projects for total jobs and wasnt aware theres a month (april iirc) where many folk change jobs each year and tj bonuses go through the roof.

Someone of @MackneyHackem s ilk may confirm this.
Prob more of a london thing.

Personally worked one place 2 years.
Another place 2 years.
9 years elsewhere.
17 on my own.

Fuck im old!

Eh?

I’ve worked at loads of places because I’m self employed.

Even if I was perm people tend to move on after a couple of years in my industry anyway.

27 years and counting at the place I'm at.

Lad I used to work with his Mrs used to change her job regularly due to conflicts with colleagues. Talking at least 5-6 times a year.

I moved around a bit after I qualified as an accountant, I have a very sensible explanation for each:
  • Place I did my training - 4 years, left to move to a different city
  • Next place - 2 years - officially because I saw my future in the public sector, unofficially I was pretty much bullied by the partner and hated her with a passion
  • Next place (civil service) - 2 years - felt ready to take a step up in responsibility but chances were slim because the 2 people the level above me were going nowhere (10 years later one is still there and the other only retired last year)
  • Next place (local government) - 2 years - it was a 45min to an hour commute and I had a mad panic when my wife went back to work after having our youngest. Post I moved to was a Team Leader post with more responsibility as well
  • Next place (large charity) 3 years - wanted to move back into the public sector
  • Current place (local government) - 4 years - no intention of leaving

Are you one ?
Readings cv's at the moment and people are staying less than a year in a job and moving on
No doubt its not their fault etc ..
What's the score?
The world of employment has changed.

In the past working in one job was seen as reliable, determined, committed and therefore an attribute.

That seems to have changed and now numerous different roles is seen as flexible, agile, dynamic.

32 jobs.. some where i have went back to same company in same location..several times

first 20 years at Swan Hunters...then off into the contracting game

I’ve worked with a canny few lads who’ve had loads of jobs and the bulk of them have been right awkward fkas to be honest..don’t like being told what to do..can’t accept any kind of authority..basically just want to show up take the piss and get paid.

The world of employment has changed.

In the past working in one job was seen as reliable, determined, committed and therefore an attribute.

That seems to have changed and now numerous different roles is seen as flexible, agile, dynamic.
Not to me it's not ,I'm not talking skilled areas though
Why would I even bother sorting inductions and clothing and start Training etc for people to move on in a year
Nothing dynamic about 5 jobs in decent places in 5 years

Not to me it's not ,I'm not talking skilled areas though
Why would I even bother sorting inductions and clothing and start Training etc for people to move on in a year
Nothing dynamic about 5 jobs in decent places in 5 years
I’m not saying I agree with it just seems to be a trend. It’s a job seekers market currently.

Back