People who pretend they dislike Taylor Swift

you have missed the point. Her new stuff is still in the style of an 18 year old pop noise written to get back at her exes with.

There is no maturity or change in her style. Take Adele, I am not a fan of hers, but you can say 100% her style changed as she got older.

I find a woman who is nearly 35 writing songs about teen love, weird and not appealing at all
You have missed the point. Apart from re-releasing all of her earlier albums due to the well-known dispute, which were obviously 'younger' material, her most recent albums have been 'adult' - Folklore, Evermore, Midnights are as far from teen-pop as you can get.

Last edited:
I don’t dislike her. There’s a few of her songs I think are alright.

Just think she’s massively over hyped, and overrated.
She doesn't all. She has always dressed edgy and I think as she grew up it just became more edgy-glam.
Seem to remember her being much more “girl next door” when she first came on the seen, which is when I thought she was alright. Her style then gradually evolved into generic pop star. Which is where it sits today.

Last edited:
Right I’ll probably need my tin hat on here from some.
Let’s say Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Little Mix any of them for that matter ditched the skimpy outfits and the accompanying dancers and took to the stage fully clothed singing the same songs do you think many people would be listening to them or going to see them?
I would listen to taylor doing acoustic folklore and evermore albums , think it would be an incredible gig

By this point she was onto her third album, she was growing up and her style was changing. Point is she had already proved she didn't have to rely on her body to sell her music.

Just because she's a bit more alternative & doesn't wear the same clothes as the more poppier female singers, doesn't mean she didn't. The video to Sk8tr Boi she's wearing a fairly skimpy t-shirt for example. If she was overweight & looked rough as owt, you might have a point. But the fact you keep going on about how attractive she is just proves the point about her using her body/looks to sell music.

Logon or register to see this image

Just because she's a bit more alternative & doesn't wear the same clothes as the more poppier female singers, doesn't mean she didn't. The video to Sk8tr Boi she's wearing a fairly skimpy t-shirt for example. If she was overweight & looked rough as owt, you might have a point. But the fact you keep going on about how attractive she is just proves the point about her using her body/looks to sell music.

Edgy 😄

You have missed the point. Apart from re-releasing all of her earlier albums due to the well-known dispute, which were obviously 'younger' material, her most recent albums have been 'adult' - Folklore, Evermore, Midnights are as far from teen-pop as you can get.
Sorry Miss Swift, I'm not into your brand of pop

She was just wearing her normal everyday girl. Most poo girls don't do that. I was just making the point that a female singer can be judged solely on music, Avril proved it.
I don't mind a bit of Avril, but there was nothing alternative about her. It's straight up pop music.
pop rock more like.

She was just wearing her normal everyday girl. Most poo girls don't do that. I was just making the point that a female singer can be judged solely on music, Avril proved it.

pop rock more like.

give 'owa mate. It was the record label marketing her to a specific demographic, you can't possibly be so naive?

Back