People who are highly successful despite being poor at what they do

Posh Spice..can't sing to save her life..her solo career was shite..her fashion label is millions in debt..knocks the brats out with Becks..everyones happy.

Lovely Sunday morning bitchy thread

I’ll start with:

Cheryl Cole - Successful signer who at best sounds like someone’s drunk auntie doing karaoke.

Liz Truss - Possibly the worst politician to grace the country, yet talked her way all the way to PM before being found out.

Tom Hanks - Can only play slightly different versions of Tom Hanks in different settings yet up there with the most successful actors in history.

Kier Starmer.

At the start she was hiding her not so great teeth someone told me, and now the haughty look is just part of her schtick.

It’s to do with controlling photographs of herself definitely, imagine being that insecure all the time?

Gosh if I had a handsome husband 4 healthy kids health and wealth I’d never stop smiling.

For the record I take an awful picture too 😝

Keanu Reeves. Cant act to save his life yet good in some huge action films and a pretty universally loved person.

The Kardashians are billionaires for..?

Steve Bruce (As a manager). Got job after job and at some huge clubs. Total charlatan. Shows where friends in the game, media and a jobs for the boys mentality can get you in football.

Far too many politicians to mention. Looking close to home, any recent Tory Cabinet incarnation for starters makes you depressed that such talentless lunatics can get to such positions.
There's lots of actors who aren't the best actors. As in the Laurence Olivier style of classical acting. Names like Stallone, Dolph, Schwarzenegger and Keanu come to mind. Not to mention the modern action actors. Ex bodybuilders, wrestlers and the like.
However they do have something that makes them watchable on screen Screen presence is as important as acting ability and most of those poorer actors have it in abundance.

All just different versions of himself. Compare to someone like DDL and he looks like a complete amateur.

Easy to play a Forrest Gump type character. Castaway is just him playing himself dramatically.

He’s in some good films, but he’s very limited at what he does. His performance in Elvis is some of the worst acting I’ve seen.
🎣
Anyone said Dev from Coronation street yet?

Danny Dyer - Cockney wannabe hardman, that's thats someone who is typecast, he plays the same parody of himself in everything.
Eddie the Eagle Edwards

Last edited:

Back