People who are highly successful despite being poor at what they do

PeteFTM

Winger
Lovely Sunday morning bitchy thread

I’ll start with:

Cheryl Cole - Successful signer who at best sounds like someone’s drunk auntie doing karaoke.

Liz Truss - Possibly the worst politician to grace the country, yet talked her way all the way to PM before being found out.

Tom Hanks - Can only play slightly different versions of Tom Hanks in different settings yet up there with the most successful actors in history.

Keanu Reeves. Cant act to save his life yet good in some huge action films and a pretty universally loved person.

The Kardashians are billionaires for..?

Steve Bruce (As a manager). Got job after job and at some huge clubs. Total charlatan. Shows where friends in the game, media and a jobs for the boys mentality can get you in football.

Far too many politicians to mention. Looking close to home, any recent Tory Cabinet incarnation for starters makes you depressed that such talentless lunatics can get to such positions.

Last edited:
Tom hanks.. had extremely varied roles
All just different versions of himself. Compare to someone like DDL and he looks like a complete amateur.

Easy to play a Forrest Gump type character. Castaway is just him playing himself dramatically.

He’s in some good films, but he’s very limited at what he does. His performance in Elvis is some of the worst acting I’ve seen.

George Ezra - the single dullest pop star in the history of popular music.

Every song sounds EXACTLY the same.

But hey, well done George, you fooled them all.
im with you 100% here.

How he managed to make a career by signing Dr Seuss style lyrics is mind boggling.

''the SMB is the place for me, cup of tea with my la-dy.
Watching us play, tooo day, oh ney, hey hey!''

Absolute fraud

im with you 100% here.

How he managed to make a career by signing Dr Seuss style lyrics is mind boggling.

''the SMB is the place for me, cup of tea with my la-dy.
Watching us play, tooo day, oh ney, hey hey!''

Absolute fraud
He has no crack at all. I saw people trying to suffocate themselves at Glastonbury rather than listen to this epically boring story that he took two goes to tell.

Technically he is a decent singer but it's the cadence of the songs and his delivery.

As you can tell, I’m not a fan. I’m sure he’s absolutely devastated.😂

He has no crack at all. I saw people trying to suffocate themselves at Glastonbury rather than listen to this epically boring story that he took two goes to tell.

Technically he is a decent singer but it's the cadence of the songs and his delivery.

As you can tell, I’m not a fan. I’m sure he’s absolutely devastated.😂
I like the lad.

Bubblegum pop that everyone can sing along to.

Saw him at latitutes headlining the Friday night a few years ago and got the weekend off to a positive happy start

I like the lad.

Bubblegum pop that everyone can sing along to.

Saw him at latitutes headlining the Friday night a few years ago and got the weekend off to a positive happy start
There you go something for everyone. He is making music and making money - well done to him and importantly has lots of fans.

There you go something for everyone. He is making music and making money - well done to him and importantly has lots of fans.
I will say that his music is great for getting my 4 year old dancing and signing, so at least he has a target audience..
Pippa Middleton. Started some kind of hospitality cake business which bombed but she is super rich and regularly sought after due to her connections.
got popular for bending down

Back