People who ‘jiggle’ their leg

It is usually a sensory thing and almost like a form of self soothing for those with anxiety.
Interesting that cos I used to annoy people at work doing it

Don't now

I absolutely hated the leg jiggling job (and it made me ill), but like the one I have now

Usually nervy scratter types who can’t look people in the eye
Take out the scratter types and you’re most likely describing somebody that is autisitic. If they’re undiagnosed and living alone, it could well be that they don’t understand how to dress and behave in public which maybe what makes you think they’re a scratter. Perhaps think about the person rather than just judging them based on what you see in passing.

Take out the scratter types and you’re most likely describing somebody that is autisitic. If they’re undiagnosed and living alone, it could well be that they don’t understand how to dress and behave in public which maybe what makes you think they’re a scratter. Perhaps think about the person rather than just judging them based on what you see in passing.
Good point like.
The one I mentioned above looked he was coming down off something though

Trouble is, public places increasingly have people with drug problems desperate for cash (and can be erratic shall we say) so it's hard to distinguish and try and be understanding

It is usually a sensory thing and almost like a form of self soothing for those with anxiety.
Making every other fooker around them anxious and unable to watch the footy on tv cos they’re bouncing their thigh

It would sooth me no end to cut their leg off

Same with people that whistle - cut out their tongue, like Hugh Laurie in Blackadder

Making every other fooker around them anxious and unable to watch the footy on tv cos they’re bouncing their thigh

It would sooth me no end to cut their leg off

Same with people that whistle - cut out their tongue, like Hugh Laurie in Blackadder
Sounds like a you problem

One of them types sat down near me on a public bench the other week

The whole bloody bench was wobbling while he was frantically staring around

Didn't sit there long

I often look away from people when I'm speaking, my best mate (recently diagnosed with autism) reckons I'm not far off the autism spectrum which might explain it.
I often jiggle my leg when concentrating or doing something at a desk I don't really want to.

Did it for years and didn’t realise till me mate asked me if I knew I did it I was well in my 30s I did adult speech therapy in my late 30s early forties and became more aware of tension and relaxation etc and haven’t done it for 15-20 years.
I’d guess folk have a reason behind it but a lot of folk won’t want to or question why they do it.

Being nervous or anxious is a cause. It can also be as a result of a medical condition & be involuntary, several examples of which have already been mentioned.

Know people who do it but doesn’t bother me unless it’s rocking a table or something that I’m also using.

Would be a bit shite if we were all the same.

I often look away from people when I'm speaking, my best mate (recently diagnosed with autism) reckons I'm not far off the autism spectrum which might explain it.
I often jiggle my leg when concentrating or doing something at a desk I don't really want to.
Am v similar. I make a conscious effort with eye contact, then I end up trying to monitor/force it (which makes it worse)

Back