People separating/losing someone in later life

Status
Not open for further replies.

My marriage ended overnight at 52
Worse than them being killed because there's no certain closure. As for lasses getting someone quick . I rebound dated online and they all say the same. Blokes have pictures of themselves with exs or fish or the nobs out .
Even daft lasses have wised up after the years of taking shit from daft arses
Shudder.

My mate got divorced when he was 50. Thought he would have great time. They are all mental. Well the ones he met were.
A good time for a solvent 50year old isn't finding a lass and going to wetherspoons. Just forget about them . Married blokes dream of that freedom

Last edited:
I've been single for nearly 13 years, split up with my ex 6 months after we had a daughter I was 43 then. I decided that, that was that as I wanted to bring up my daughter.
Me and the ex share child care and I decided that I wanted to give my daughter 100% commitment and time and not share any of her with another woman and that's what I did.
She's nearly 13 now and gives me genuine love .
We have a great relationship with no interference
Maybe when she gets older I'll have a look but at the moment I dont need or want a woman.

I've been single for nearly 13 years, split up with my ex 6 months after we had a daughter I was 43 then. I decided that, that was that as I wanted to bring up my daughter.
Me and the ex share child care and I decided that I wanted to give my daughter 100% commitment and time and not share any of her with another woman and that's what I did.
Maybe when she gets older I'll have a look but at the moment I dont need or want a woman.
Your daughter will have pretty much taken your time and attention anyway .
Kids are a massive strain on couples
I found it a shift system with two parents fighting for affirmation and brownie points . Someone will just appear one day ,pow ! 😉

Spot on this. My mam did the same. Her and my dad split over 30 years ago and always just been about us.

As mentioned above, my dad is the opposite.

Married late in life, very late 30’s and then before was dating girls in their 20’s.
The problem being the age gap becomes apparent, you want different things in your life. Your outlook in life is different, sure great to have a younger lass on your arm, sex appealing but where is it all going?

No regrets in my life, married a cracker (no) both consider ourselves to be boring and anti social now and live our quiet village life. If she left me now I don’t think I would go looking for another Woman, would need to find myself again. All honestly I wouldn’t have a clue what to do now as the dating scene left me years ago. I certainly couldn’t face another appearance in a night club, just not comfortable with the next Rod Stewart.

The difficulty is finding another partner however decent people both mate and females are out there. Just the numbers are way down than the last time you were looking. As long as I could keep the dog I would survive and the boys going to footy.
Hoping it never happens.

Spot on this. My mam did the same. Her and my dad split over 30 years ago and always just been about us.

As mentioned above, my dad is the opposite.
I've never looked back, and don't regret the decision I took I've thoroughly enjoyed being her father, she can be a bit cheeky now mind.

My old man is 81 this year and on his own for 2 1/2 years now.
Lives in an isolated area and is a shadow of his former self. Lockdowns only exacerbated it.

That’s how my dad was. He never got over losing Mam and just waited for the day that he would die and be with her again.

I'm only 36 but although she does my head in it has became obvious to me recently that life would be pretty shit if me and our lass split. My chances of finding a decent replacement with my ugly looks and shite bank balance as well as my shite patter would be slim to none.

If my wife left me for another man I'd just move on with whatever happens from that point after getting over the anger, gutted feeling, which, if she left me for another man, would be quick, because I'd definitely not have her back in the scenario if it all went teets up for her.

However, if I lost her, if she passed away I'd find a way of quickly following. It's selfish in a way but my kids are grown up and will move along.
I'd just leave a note explaining that I couldn't live every day with the pain of it and would be a misery to be around.

That's what I think I would do. That's what I would prefer to do.
However, in the reality of a situation, you just never know how things will pan out.

My dad said the same. He had even stockpiled medication to do away with himself. Just before she died Mam made him promise that he wouldn’t do anything to himself as it wouldn’t be fair on us kids. We are well on in life and all settled.

He lived for nearly four years after she died and gradually got lower and lower emotionally. He just couldn’t stand being without her and wanted to go. I don’t know how old you are but try to get a little bit of life that doesn’t include your wife, whether it’s going to the football or out with your mates for a drink, but have your whole life tied up in her.

Obviously the same goes for women too. I would hate to think that anyone went through the misery that dad did during those last four years of his life. He loved Mam from when she was sixteen to when she died aged 82 and never looked at another woman. He was completely lost when she died.

If I lost my partner either death or split, I wouldn't look for another man. We've been together since I was 20 and I'm now 53. The thought of starting over and getting another one "trained up" horrifies me.
That's it, really really dont fancy getting trained up fuck it I'll go it alone

Last edited:
Your daughter will have pretty much taken your time and attention anyway .
Kids are a massive strain on couples
I found it a shift system with two parents fighting for affirmation and brownie points . Someone will just appear one day ,pow ! 😉
And cash but goes with the territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back