People separating/losing someone in later life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nee probs just don't see it
I respect women and understand different people want different things from meeting someone
I was married 15 years ,relationship before that 10 years
These last 6 years I've settled into a great situation
solvent ,great social life and mates ,play in a band ,see my son regular and we have great times . Now and again I think let's try dating again
I don't look for a lass to get blotto with every weekend down the town then shag. Well past that
Latest is looking canny but with covid it hasn't really started yet ,we'll see . I
You’re not seeing your lass cos of Covid?
Hoovers his kip occasionally.
I Hoover mine occasionally as well

My Mam and Dad were inseparable, there relationship was absolutely amazing to watch growing up and i learned huge amounts from the way they were together. On the cusp of retirement my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and died after 6 months at 64. My Mam mourned him for 27 years, she never moved on and looked for him every day for the whole of that time, the saddest thing I’ve ever witnessed, she ached to have him back. We tried to get her help but she’d have none of it unfortunately.
She was diagnosed with dementia 4 years ago and as the disease progressed he faded away and she had some peace. She has no memory now which is sad in one way, but wherever she is she smiles a lot which has to be better than the daily pain she suffered for all of those years.

I have a similar relationship with my Wife, we are as close as anyone can be and i love her beyond words, however what i learned watching my Mam suffer is not to waste life. We have an agreement between us that we will not waste a single day if anything happens to either of us, it will be hard but our mantra is not to fade away like my Mam, grab life and live it to the fullest, new relationships the lot, just be happy and squeeze every drop you can before its your turn.

Last edited:
You’re not seeing your lass cos of Covid?

I Hoover mine occasionally as well
She's my buddy or whatever its term is . Once a week but the reason I started looking again was for someone to do all the stuff you can't do due to covid so sitting on the settee nattering isn't really what I'm after .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back