People Not wearing masks in supermarkets

Went into Sainsburys near me in Stockton yest, id say 90% of customers still wearing masks, prob 50% of staff. Noticeably all the plastic dividers and one way system stuff is gone.
Ill be honest i didnt wear a mask but it felt very strange - was also wierd popping to pub Mon night, and walking in with no mask and actually going to bar to order a drink!

Not a supermarket but the covid hitlers were roaming the metro this afternoon. Carriage hotter than the surface of the sun and this little Hitler was charging about handing out masks with her sweaty hands and then insisting people had them up to the bridge of their nose even if they weren't in direct contact with anyone (well until said Hitler pounced in their face). She was barely waiting for people to board the train and she was jumping on them. Getting a kick out of power given to her by nobody in particular.

I'm phoning nexus tomorrow to tell them to sort it out.
Tell them to give her a pay rise.

Only shop I've been in is a Tesco express since Monday. I saw people putting masks on as they were going in so I put one on. It wasn't busy but I saw two customers without masks. All three staff that I saw weren't wearing them.
Went to Morrisons today and it was pretty much the same as before the 19th.

Conversely, went to Enfes in town on Saturday while restrictions were still in place. None of the staff were wearing them and only one or two people coming in bothered. No QR code either. Spose 2 days later they wouldn't need to bother but not sure how I feel going places like that where people clearly just don't give a shit.
I've always found the wearing a mask while walking to your table or going to the toilet in a pub or restaurant to be absolutely silly. You would think the staff would wear them as they're the one interacting with each other all day and with many members of the public.

Last edited:
Im putting mine on when others have theirs on and leaving it off when they don’t. Originally planned to go fully mask free but then cases went through the roof and loads of folk including myself aren’t fully vaxxed / are still pranging about it because they’re vulnerable. Ah well.

The amount wearing them will diminish over time I'd imagine.
Imo if staff prefer you to wear one, we should respect that.
That is what I suspect. People don't want to be the first or one of the few without. But once one or two people who don't look like scratters are seen without, then more will follow.

It does depend on how cases are going too. I was all prepared to ditch mine. Cases were listed as 0-2 per 100,000. It just felt like a token effort that wouldn't really help much as the risk factor was so low. Now cases are shooting up and we could see a new daily record set by this time next week, it is far more serious.

Wife and I will be avoiding supermarkets if people are shopping without masks. Will go back to getting everything home delivered.

I called in at Morrisons in Consett tonight and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing face coverings. The ones that weren’t seemed to be the younger generation and also the utter “look at me “ fuckwits who only had beer and crisps in their trollies but were acting the big “ I am”.
The lass on the till said that overall the last two days have been okay with 90% of customers still wearing masks. The ones that aren’t according to her are the younguns, the old aged ones and as she described them “the tattooed arseholes “ 😂😂
The checkout lass sounds like she has them sussed.😄

Some people are behaving like complete fannies because they don't want to wear a mask for 20-30 minutes whilst shopping, yet A&E staff like my wife wear full PPE for their 12.5 hour shift in sweltering conditions with little or no breaks. Give your heads a shake.

Although you'd better not shake your heeds as your unmasked slavver will hit the nearest person.

Back