People Not wearing masks in supermarkets

Went to Morrisons today and it was pretty much the same as before the 19th.

Conversely, went to Enfes in town on Saturday while restrictions were still in place. None of the staff were wearing them and only one or two people coming in bothered. No QR code either. Spose 2 days later they wouldn't need to bother but not sure how I feel going places like that where people clearly just don't give a shit.

Called in Asda and Lidl this morning seemed a 70/30 split for customers wearing them, pretty much the opposite for staff a 30/70 split wearing them.

50/50 in London at the minute, I’m only putting mine on when others are but if there’s a shop where people aren’t then I won’t put it in either. The underground is more like 75/25 people wearing them on the handful of journeys I’ve made so far this week.

I think less and less people will wear them over coming weeks, based on nothing in particular.
So 25% aren’t wearing despite it being compulsory ? It ll kick off.
I d have a full on hazmat suit on the underground….. and that’s pre Covid.

So 25% aren’t wearing despite it being compulsory ? It ll kick off.
I d have a full on hazmat suit on the underground….. and that’s pre Covid.
Difficult to gauge accurately but that’s about it I would say yes, maybe 80/20 but that sort of ball park. Purely anecdotal, others may have seen different.

Edit; there may be enforcement on high profile stations at certain times but I haven’t seen anyone telling people without them to put them on

Last edited:
I went to my local Tesco and noticed 6 people, in three pairs not wearing them. Everyone else did.

Might be just a coincidence but all 6 were really fat. One bloke was probably in his late 30s and was glaring at anyone who looked in his direction and seemed to be constantly looking round to see if anyone was looking at him. It was almost like he wanted someone to have a go.

Not a supermarket but the covid hitlers were roaming the metro this afternoon. Carriage hotter than the surface of the sun and this little Hitler was charging about handing out masks with her sweaty hands and then insisting people had them up to the bridge of their nose even if they weren't in direct contact with anyone (well until said Hitler pounced in their face). She was barely waiting for people to board the train and she was jumping on them. Getting a kick out of power given to her by nobody in particular.

I'm phoning nexus tomorrow to tell them to sort it out.

The store won't make in compulsory as they don't want any aggro from customers nor do they want to lose business. They hardly enforced it when it was supposed to be mandatory

that’s it for me. I towed the line when it was compulsory and was frustrated that businesses wouldn’t pull people up who were breaking the law because they wouldn’t invest in security to police it or risk losing custom. I’m not going to wear one if I don’t legally have to. Loads of the supermarket staff weren’t wearing them before or weren’t wearing them properly either in any case.

Staff barely even wear them now
Not a supermarket but the covid hitlers were roaming the metro this afternoon. Carriage hotter than the surface of the sun and this little Hitler was charging about handing out masks with her sweaty hands and then insisting people had them up to the bridge of their nose even if they weren't in direct contact with anyone (well until said Hitler pounced in their face). She was barely waiting for people to board the train and she was jumping on them. Getting a kick out of power given to her by nobody in particular.

I'm phoning nexus tomorrow to tell them to sort it out.

Makes nee sense :lol:

Last edited:

I think there is an element of businesses wanting to cover arses now. Up until yesterday the government drove all the policy. Two elements: #1 they want to minimise risk to their own revenue by having staff getting king’s. #2 if there were any form of traceable spreading event they need to be able to say they acted to minimise risk.

I called in at Morrisons in Consett tonight and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing face coverings. The ones that weren’t seemed to be the younger generation and also the utter “look at me “ fuckwits who only had beer and crisps in their trollies but were acting the big “ I am”.
The lass on the till said that overall the last two days have been okay with 90% of customers still wearing masks. The ones that aren’t according to her are the younguns, the old aged ones and as she described them “the tattooed arseholes “ 😂😂
Is Consett the moan capital of England?

It is incredibly liberating to not wear one anymore and it feels like things are finally getting near to normality, shopping is enjoyable again and hopefully the masks being gone will help businesses and the poor staff who were forced to wear them let alone the shoppers.

Great to know people can full on sneeze into the aisles without a pesky mask getting in the way of their flying snot. Really whets the appetite

Back