People lost to conspiracy theories

However this one is true. The only question is how much it’s inflated the figures by.

So why are excess deaths in a three month period more than 20,000 greater than the number of people who have had a positive test? And about 15,000 greater than the number of people with Covid on their death certificate?

Clearly all of those people would have died at some point, and some sooner rather than later, but it is not possible to reconcile excess deaths being tens of thousands more than those with a positive test or with Covid on their death certificate with the view that the figures are being exaggerated - unless there is another explanation why excess deaths were so high - even when there were far more people staying at home.

I think I'll go with the ONS stats ahead of the old Tory next door who doesn't want to believe that there is a problem in this country.

people want to 'feel clever'....think they know something only a few people do.
that gets combined with a desperation for simplistic answers in a random world which can be scary.

On top of all that the internet makes 'knowledge' available so it becomes a habit for people. In the 70s people weren't running to the library every five minutes to look things up.
I reckon it could take decades before it settles down.

you can tell how far into it they are when they tend to fit a lot of buzz words into what they are saying. there was a post on here somewhere that was full of them. i cant remember who it was

It's the same type of mental manipulation we get from our news. People believe what they are told.
It used to be hard work to 'research', it would require a lot of time to read actual books that in turn required real money to be published, with possible recriminations if you libelled individuals or organisations. These days watching 8 hour stints of various crackpot morons with laughable theories and the scientific nous of an injured slug is ranked alongside the evidence of published articles by actual learned experts. It's devolution of intelligence.

Interesting show on LBC radio right now discussing this and how so people are getting lost down the rabbit hole.

Bame women just been on saying that her husband thinks covid is a hoax and refuses to wear a facemask on public transport (I thought you had to?). Some strange folk about.
I have a highly educated friend who has done very well for herself professionally who is constantly going on about how COVID is a hoax and how we need to WAKE UP and look at the data.

It used to be hard work to 'research', it would require a lot of time to read actual books that in turn required real money to be published, with possible recriminations if you libelled individuals or organisations. These days watching 8 hour stints of various crackpot morons with laughable theories and the scientific nous of an injured slug is ranked alongside the evidence of published articles by actual learned experts. It's devolution of intelligence.
I get that. I've had the same shit on here when people argue with me about climate change. They tend to know Jack shit.

News channels often seem to have the same research methods as a lot of the conspiracy theorists these days though. A bit Google and a bit of artistic licence.
I find 'conspiracy theorists' and 'Facebook users' to be interchangeable terms
Got no facey friends hun? :lol:

Never mind I'll give you a like on this to make up for your deprivation.

Last edited:
The vast majority of conspiracy theories are complete rubbish. Of the remainder, most of those can be explained by means that require no actual conspiracy.
Conspiracies do happen however and those conspiring can always play the 'conspiracy loon card' to instantly discredit anyone that questions their motives and actions.

A lot of it is down to social media algorithms. You start off looking at, for example, a news piece on climate change, and then YouTube or Facebook “suggests” a page or video where someone is saying climate change doesn’t exist and never has, which is then followed by another suggestion to watch a video/like a page about how vaccinations are in fact mind control devices. Pretty soon you’re babbling shit about “QAnon” and the “deep state”.

When considering whether a conspiracy theory is plausible its worth remembering that a government agency flooding its own poorest, primarily black, neighbourhoods with cocaine to help fund a south american guerillla army while also flogging a bunch of illegal weapons to iran to raise money for the same group is not completely off the table.

So why are excess deaths in a three month period more than 20,000 greater than the number of people who have had a positive test? And about 15,000 greater than the number of people with Covid on their death certificate?

Clearly all of those people would have died at some point, and some sooner rather than later, but it is not possible to reconcile excess deaths being tens of thousands more than those with a positive test or with Covid on their death certificate with the view that the figures are being exaggerated - unless there is another explanation why excess deaths were so high - even when there were far more people staying at home.

I think I'll go with the ONS stats ahead of the old Tory next door who doesn't want to believe that there is a problem in this country.
I can’t explain it, but I certainly know it’s gone on. Do you think the case I know of was a one off?

It’s scary how many I see sharing videos about this and similar. The “proof” they are willing to accept is any YouTube video that agrees, but they just keep telling people to “open their eyes” and shit whenever someone replies telling them they’re mental.
Sheeple is one of them that people use while sharing something from the DM

I don’t get the flat earth thing - you only have to look at the Humber Bridge to see it’s not.
You only have to look outside and realise you can't see Ben Nevis or any other substantial mountain from your house to realise it's not.

Not to mention the fact that every pilot, space agency, astronomer, a lot of media companies and every nation on earth would have to be in on keeping it a secret.

I mean, there are videos of people sending cameras up in weather balloons on youtube where you can see it's definitely a sphere.

I just don't understand it whatsoever

I can’t explain it, but I certainly know it’s gone on. Do you think the case I know of was a one off?

I think that if not a one off, it is a tiny, tiny minority that is statistically insignificant.

I think that because in the absence of any other explanation from you or anyone else, there are 22,000 more people dead in the UK than would have normally been the case, on top of the 43,000 who had a positive test and died.

So for every person whose death has 'just been put down to Covid', you can add another person onto the 22,000 who have been missed by the figures. The net difference is still 22,000 whose deaths have been missed off the figures.

My mate works in the NHS and he told me that if anything they're doing all they can to NOT use COVID as a cause of death.

They have numerous patients admitted with COVID but when they die the actual cause of death is Pneumonia or Heart attack etc.

The whole COVID/BLM thing is odd as well. Are they trying to say that COVID has been targeted at ethnic minorities?
Isn't it more likely that, for example, many Asian families live together in large house holds and when the teens are walking the
streets in large groups, they pick up COVID and pass it on to granny when they get home after a day of protesting.

This is what happens when you turn the country on its head, locking people away, deter people from going to hospital & destroy routine care and scare the shit out of vulnerable people.

Back