People driving well below the speed limit

The coast road in Shields is terrible for it. Always some twat doing 25 all the way from Gypsy's Green to Whitburn even though it's a nice wide clear 40mph road. Weird thing is, when they get to Whitburn and it changes to 30, half of them speed up and start doing 35!
Don’t think it turns to 40 until further up the road towards Marsden like. I got done by a mobile speed camera coming from Whitburn approaching the the gyspies green round about. I stick my cruise control on now cos it’s easy to go a few miles at 40mph & not drop to 30mph for the last stretch down the bank.

Don’t think it turns to 40 until further up the road towards Marsden like. I got done by a mobile speed camera coming from Whitburn approaching the the gyspies green round about. I stick my cruise control on now cos it’s easy to go a few miles at 40mph & not drop to 30mph for the last stretch down the bank.
The change is just after the quarry entrance if you're going from Whitburn to Shields. Changes back to 30 at least 100 yards before you get to the top of the bank before Gypsies Green.

My mother in law lost her licence at age 92, after driving through a bus shelter 😳😳

Before that she monotonously trotted out her mantra of “ I haven’t had an accident in 70 years of driving “

My stock reply ….. “No, but you’ve seen a lot in your rear view mirror”

Over 70’s should have a compulsory driving test every 2 years.

People doing 50 or less on a motorway should be put up for public execution imo. Nowt worse the getting stuck behind hgvs taking forever to overtake them while they sit oblivious in the inside lane. Don't give a fuck if you are in no hurry, you have a duty to order road users to keep traffic flowing. If your not confident going any faster you shouldn't be on the road quite frankly
Isn't 50mph, optimal for keeping the traffic flowing on motorways? Isn't that why large parts of the A1 are that?

I'm not talking a couple of mph but 15 in a 30 zone, 10 in a 20 zone etc. WTF? Roads were full of them today. Usually little old biddies hunched over the steering wheel staring at their bonnet. Creeping over a speed bump at 2 mph. Get off the roads man.
Should be kicked to fuck

My mother in law lost her licence at age 92, after driving through a bus shelter 😳😳

Before that she monotonously trotted out her mantra of “ I haven’t had an accident in 70 years of driving “

My stock reply ….. “No, but you’ve seen a lot in your rear view mirror”

Over 70’s should have a compulsory driving test every 2 years.
Nice idea but we haven’t even got enough examiners to get people through their tests.

Could be a nice little earner if they accredited driving instructors to perform the renewals.

Add them to the list with people who stop to let people out when there is absolutely no need to

Just drive normal, take the right of way that is yours and traffic will move just fine

Add them to the list with people who stop to let people out when there is absolutely no need to

Just drive normal, take the right of way that is yours and traffic will move just fine
OOOOH!! People who stop to let people out. When there is only one car behind them for about half a mile. Great shout.

I'll add to the mix: Mexican Standoffs at a roundabout. Everyone just sits and looks at each other. How do you react?

Back