People driving well below the speed limit

People doing 50 or less on a motorway should be put up for public execution imo. Nowt worse the getting stuck behind hgvs taking forever to overtake them while they sit oblivious in the inside lane. Don't give a fuck if you are in no hurry, you have a duty to order road users to keep traffic flowing. If your not confident going any faster you shouldn't be on the road quite frankly

People doing 50 or less on a motorway should be put up for public execution imo. Nowt worse the getting stuck behind hgvs taking forever to overtake them while they sit oblivious in the inside lane. Don't give a fuck if you are in no hurry, you have a duty to order road users to keep traffic flowing. If your not confident going any faster you shouldn't be on the road quite frankly
Maybe a tad harsh but yes, you're correct in that if you can't drive according the road speed/conditions/traffic and therefore cause distress to other road users, you should be dealt with. As the police can't catch the absolute helmets screaming around in GTDs X5s and Range Rovers, not to mention the lunatics on unlicenced motorbikes with no safety gear on, then maybe once they can drag themselves away from Greggs on the Broadway for 5 minutes, they might be able to catch up to a slow driver. Maybe have a discussion about driving standards while they sip their overpriced latte and munch on their doughnut.

Plenty of studies have shown driving slowly is dangerous as well, probably why it’s also an offence.
This is interesting, I didn't realise it was an offence. Would dashcam footage of people clearly being unsuitable to be on the roads be admissable evidence do you think?

It can be used for other driving offences so I’d assume so.
I'll look into getting one.

Just as a side note to all of this, the old boy next door has just rang me (on the landline, he can't use a mobile). He has decided to give up driving as he's 88 and his knees have all but packed up. He's just offered me his Civic (18 plate) for nowt as he knows I drive for a living. TBH never liked them (probably irrational) but might have one for sale very soon. It will be ultra low mileage and it's pristine.

I failed my first driving test for driving too slow. Only reason. I was nervous but would have passed otherwise. :(
Nothing to be ashamed of! I failed my first one for completely f***ing up my reverse around a corner, failed my second for turning left instead of right (nerves). I was absolutely ill on my third, and said to the inspector you can just fail me now and save the drive if you like. He said we'll go and do it and I passed with one minor.
Imagine dobbing someone in for driving too slow. What a spenk.

Add that to rinsing the old fella next door for his car too. Get it sooner by getting his licence revoked.
Good tips, thanks mate.

Back