People driving well below the speed limit

People doing 50 or less on a motorway should be put up for public execution imo. Nowt worse the getting stuck behind hgvs taking forever to overtake them while they sit oblivious in the inside lane. Don't give a fuck if you are in no hurry, you have a duty to order road users to keep traffic flowing. If your not confident going any faster you shouldn't be on the road quite frankly
Unless there is a 50 mph limit imposed on the motorway. Your post was rather arbitrary. There are occasions where 50 mph is a safe speed for example in snow, or heavy rain.
You do not UNDERTAKE on the motorway unless you are a mobile funeral director.

You OVERTAKE on the inside.

I don’t know what’s worse, driving slowly on motorways or bad grammar on the SMB.

TUT!

Last edited:
The absolute worst thing is the helmets who pull into the third lane on a four lane section of motorway and sit there at about 65. Massive queue of frustrated drivers behind them, some of whom eventually take a chance and undertake

coming back from birmingham away last month, there wasn't much on the road and i was in the first lane doing 70. started catching up to a car who was in the second lane lucky to be 60, thought pointless moving over two lanes to get round him so just stayed in the lane. not long after going by him, he speeded past me and then slammed on his brakes and went level with me for a short while and then just dropped back off to doing the speed he was doing before 🤷‍♂️

coming back from birmingham away last month, there wasn't much on the road and i was in the first lane doing 70. started catching up to a car who was in the second lane lucky to be 60, thought pointless moving over two lanes to get round him so just stayed in the lane. not long after going by him, he speeded past me and then slammed on his brakes and went level with me for a short while and then just dropped back off to doing the speed he was doing before 🤷‍♂️
I'm always of the opinion if I'm in the inside lane and I pass someone going slower in the middle lane then I've did nothing wrong but if I'm in the middle lane then move to the inside lane to pass someone then I could be commiting an offence.
I once filtered to the front of a queue of cars at a zebra crossing which is perfectly legal. There was a bike cop at the front of the queue and when the lights changed to green he deliberately rode away as slowly as he could and sat behind me for a couple of hundred yards before putting his lights on and pulling me over. He then gave me a lecture about overtaking at traffic lights even though I'd done nothing wrong. I pointed out we were both stationary and I pulled away quicker than him and so did the car in lane two. He insisted I'd committed an offence but luckily for me he was going to let me off. I think he was just upset because he couldn't find anything wrong with the bike or my documents.

I’d rather someone do 20mph under the limit than 20mph over it. And if it winds up BMW and Audi drivers behind who try to break the sound barrier let alone the speed limit then it’s a bonus.

I’d rather someone do 20mph under the limit than 20mph over it. And if it winds up BMW and Audi drivers behind who try to break the sound barrier let alone the speed limit then it’s a bonus.
I appreciate the point you are making but let’s think it through.

Driving through a town centre at 10 mph ( 20 mph under the limit) would cause utter chaos.

That's odd that you post as just last week I was thinking to myself how slower people seem to be on the roads in general lately.

I do a fair bit of driving to Scotland either on the A68 or the A697. No dual carriageway.

The number of people who bimble along at 40 mph in a 60 mph limit on perfectly clear straight roads is astonishing. Fair enough, its a limit not a target, perhaps 40 is all they can feel safe at. Often they will brake for no reason than they haven't braked for a while.

But the same people then do 40 through the villages where even 20 might be a bit much depending on what's going on.

We see a heck of a lot of poor overtaking too, blind bends and ridges and hoping for the best, Lunacy.

I do a fair bit of driving to Scotland either on the A68 or the A697. No dual carriageway.

The number of people who bimble along at 40 mph in a 60 mph limit on perfectly clear straight roads is astonishing. Fair enough, its a limit not a target, perhaps 40 is all they can feel safe at. Often they will brake for no reason than they haven't braked for a while.

But the same people then do 40 through the villages where even 20 might be a bit much depending on what's going on.

We see a heck of a lot of poor overtaking too, blind bends and ridges and hoping for the best, Lunacy.
THAT DOES MY HEAD IN!! :evil:

Here in Brid we have an ageing population, lots of west and south yorkshire folk retire here, it's a f@cking nightmare! The speed limit seems to be 25.7 mph no matter where you are or what the actual speed limit is, 47 cars stuck behind a tractor on a road dead straight and 3 miles long because no one will give overtaking a go. I’m 57 drive sensibly and try to be tolerant but Jesus himself would turn into ronnie pickering around here 🤣.

Get it all the time driving back along the A691 from Durham towards Consett heading back from work. Clear day most of the time and someone driving at 35mph right the way along.

Also infuriating that 6/10 times they take the same turn off I do up towards Burnhope just after Langley Park roundabout and crawl up the bank at 25mph with no one in front of them.

Then they inexplicably decide that when they get to Burnhope itself, now is the time to turn on the after burners and go through Burnhope at 40-45mph and then once I catch up to them on the road to Maiden Law, they are back doing 30-35mph.

I genuinely have no idea what goes through these peoples minds.

Back