Peep Show

Absolutely love it. We've literally finished watching it for the third time tonight. Up there with Father Ted and the IT Crowd for me. As others have said, lines have come into our parlance - 'Mega tsunami ' being the most common. When a tinned Sophie emerges from the ball pool creases me every time...

I used to see it advertised on ch4 and think nah this looks shite, not for me, then last few years it’s been on gold non stop and I’ve watched loads and yes it’s class!
I was reading about how it had quite low viewing figures to the point the 4th series wouldn't have been commissioned if not for the high DVD sales, I think the POV style put people off.

when the accidentally knock over the dog of the two birds they are trying to get into and they try to burn the and eventually eat the evidence, I have seen nothing like it
Or where mark asks jez I write I luv you on his eyelids to impress a lass and jez uses permanent marker, then her husband turns up.

Last edited:
First four series were gold. Think it took a drop off after that though was still a quality watch. Prob went on a couple series too long as I think the last couple became a bit of a parody of itself but they won't be the first or last to fall into that.

First 4 are up there with the best British comedy has done though imo.
Totally agree. The last two series were pretty poor. But beginning up until not long after Mark and Sophie’s disastrous wedding are superb.

“Hortensia? Oh this is a f***ing disaster.”

Last edited:
Totally agree, one of the best shows ever made. The one where Jeremys mum turns up and Mark gets r8ped by the step daughter is hilarious.

We need to have an SMB peep show lovers get together. I’ll meet you all down the Swan and Paedo this Sunday afternoon.
The bloke who was Big Mad Andy the manic depressive builder in it held a Peep Show themed quiz night a couple of years back at the Tyne Bank brewery in Byker. Sadly nobody that I know has the same level of enthusiasm / obsession for it that I do.

Back