Peep Show

“Nice packet of crunchy nut you’ve got here. Pretty expensive, as I recall.”
One of the best British comedies of our generation. It can have you crying with laughter out of nothing.

Plays with a lot of emotions. That “Butter the toast, eat the toast, shit the toast. God life’s relentless.” line from Mark occasionally pops into my head and gets me down :lol:

Last edited:
“Nice packet of crunchy nut you’ve got here. Pretty expensive, as I recall.”

Plays with a lot of emotions. That “Butter the toast, eat the toast, shit the toast. God life’s relentless.” line from Mark occasionally pops into my head and gets me down :lol:
Alright Gog!

First four series were gold. Think it took a drop off after that though was still a quality watch. Prob went on a couple series too long as I think the last couple became a bit of a parody of itself but they won't be the first or last to fall into that.

First 4 are up there with the best British comedy has done though imo.

Watched it an obscene amount of times. My go to easy viewing show on Netflix. As an aside, has anyone seen this new show The Boat or something? Was thinking of checking it out just cos of Johnson

I used to see it advertised on ch4 and think nah this looks shite, not for me, then last few years it’s been on gold non stop and I’ve watched loads and yes it’s class!

First four series were gold. Think it took a drop off after that though was still a quality watch. Prob went on a couple series too long as I think the last couple became a bit of a parody of itself but they won't be the first or last to fall into that.

First 4 are up there with the best British comedy has done though imo.
I'd say 2-7 personally. First series takes a few episodes to find its feet. 6 and 7 are not as consistent but still have some very memorable lines and scenes. Goes downhill a lot in the last 2 seasons.

My favourite comedy by a mile. Only Curb and early Simpsons come close.

Back