Peep Show

This. One of the best British comedies ever made imho
I think it is the best ever british comedy, I find it way more meaningful than OFAH etc (I love OFAH btw). Just the way you can hear their repressed, paranoid thoughts etc during tense moments is not captured in many other shows.
If you’re five episode in and not sure, maybe it’s not for you. I loved it from the first episode.
Tbf, I felt dizzy watching first 2 episodes and was unsure. Now it is in my top 3 comedies ever.

Is it cool or not?

Watching the first few episodes, about 5 in now,, should I continue or just call it a day ?

Better than Partridge imho and I'm a huge Partridge fan
Jeff is prime cunt material

Neil Fitzmaurice makes a good point on this, if you think of them as real people then Mark was the biggest bell-end of all the characters by a long way. A proper spineless Tory cabbage

Last edited:
What got me hooked on it was seeing a few random episodes (later than series 1) in the Teabar on breaks at work. This made me want to start watching it from the beginning. Whilst some of the humour is there in the first series, I did very much grow to like it more as it went on. It's probably one of my favourite comedies.

I enjoyed Back by Mitchell & Webb as well (incidentally series 2 of that starts next week on Ch4).

Neil Fitzmaurice makes a good point on this, if you think of them as real people then Mark was the biggest bell-end of all the characters by a long way. A proper spineless Tory cabbage

Took the words right out of my mouth, I was going to post that as well. It made me think differently about Jeff after I'd seen that interview, that maybe Mark was the problematic one.

Last edited:
Better than Partridge imho and I'm a huge Partridge fan

Been bugging me for ages. Ray Vonn off Phoenix Nights!

& oh yes, Mark is the disaster in the show.

Last edited:

Back