Peep Show

Yeah go for it. Personally I didn't enjoy but I've heard others say that the last series is nowhere near as bad as is often made out.

At this rate I'm going to end up rewatching them again myself.

I thought it was okay but a bit silly. Essentially, I thought it should have stopped after Mark and Sophie's wedding.

Jeff is just a bit of a prick, still influenced by Loaded magazine when the world had moved on. Mark, I thought, was always the tortured, paranoid, manic depressive soul who was being driven to obsessive insanity to find "the one" (with one of them exploiting his failings cruelly at times).

Anyone else notice the "Fuck off cleanshirt!" kid was latterly one of the mob who stormed the flat and nicked Mark's TV, when he was ruining his date by holding her hostage along with the burglar?

I think series 7 would've been a good wrap-up. Mark and Super Hans had found their "one" and Jez would be drifting back and grifting that arty type who wanted him to move in and share the rent. After recovering from the life threatening beating Super Hans was giving him.

Cauliflower is not traditional.

Jeff is just a bit of a prick, still influenced by Loaded magazine when the world had moved on. Mark, I thought, was always the tortured, paranoid, manic depressive soul who was being driven to obsessive insanity to find "the one" (with one of them exploiting his failings cruelly at times).

Anyone else notice the "Fuck off cleanshirt!" kid was latterly one of the mob who stormed the flat and nicked Mark's TV, when he was ruining his date by holding her hostage along with the burglar?

I think series 7 would've been a good wrap-up. Mark and Super Hans had found their "one" and Jez would be drifting back and grifting that arty type who wanted him to move in and share the rent. After recovering from the life threatening beating Super Hans was giving him.

Cauliflower is not traditional.
You are very charitable towards Mark. He definitely starts off as the more relatable one, but the longer it goes on the more lives he ruins with his self-centred manipulation, and his pathological aversion to confrontation. Sophie in particular, who ends up a bitter alcoholic single mother from what he puts her through. An eternity living in a high rise flat with his impulsive simpleton best mate is what he deserves.

Class

and Elena is still officially the fittest minor character in a tv show ever

Aye Johnson is class like. All Cheesy narcisstic marketing spiel. Very believable.

I think Jeff's class too. If I worked for JLB I'd be mates with Jeff like.
Johnson is class. Also i know what u mean about Jeff, I literally watched peep show for yonks and never realised Jeff was also Rayvon in phoenix nights.
Peep Show is one of my faves like. Love it. Also Jez pulls some beauties mind, Nancy and Elena were very tasty.

Last edited:
This thread has got me thinking about peep show a fair bit.
Love the episode when they meet Sophie’s parents and they do the happy birthday song as she’s coming down the stairs. Mark’s face and the way he looks to Jez has got me laughing just thinking about it.
Also, mark making friends with the neo nazi geezer. ‘I’ve got a friend.’

I think it’s the first episode of season 4 when it starts with mark shopping with Sophie.
‘How the fuck has it come to this?’ He thinks, sporting a goatee beard.

Love the episode when they meet Sophie’s parents and they do the happy birthday song as she’s coming down the stairs. Mark’s face and the way he looks to Jez has got me laughing just thinking about it.

I think it’s the first episode of season 4 when it starts with mark shopping with Sophie.
'and for the record Mark I may be a homophobe, but I have never baited badgers'

Season 4 is the pinnacle I reckon, but there's still some good stuff in later seasons: Jeremy's band manager, the various jobs Mark has after JLB and the psychological unravelling of Johnson.

When jez nails sophies mam and marks like “who do u think you are james bond”, jez then thinks “i am james bond”. Haha

'and for the record Mark I may be a homophobe, but I have never baited badgers'

Season 4 is the pinnacle I reckon, but there's still some good stuff in later seasons: Jeremy's band manager, the various jobs Mark has after JLB and the psychological unravelling of Johnson.
The band manager! ‘Tell me you believe in crystal skulls.’ 😂😂😂

marks face when he realises she’s into them. Priceless. And that job at the chicken place was quite funny. Or Mexican? Doesn’t really matter.
When jez nails sophies mam and marks like “who do u think you are james bond”, jez then thinks “i am james bond”. Haha
Lol

The band manager! ‘Tell me you believe in crystal skulls.’ 😂😂😂

marks face when he realises she’s into them. Priceless. And that job at the chicken place was quite funny. Or Mexican? Doesn’t really matter.

Lol
'We'll be married by Sir Alan Sugar and live on all butter croissants in Canary Wharf! '

Aye the Mexican restaurant, second time he gets caught doing a dirty protest at work.

Back