Pea Coat?

Fair enough mate no agenda. I have bought Schott gear before and used Silvermans numerous times hence my recommendation to the good @Jon Dough.

I’ve bought waterproof jackets from them, boots the lot.
No problems with Schott gear, I have a b3 aviator jacket that is way too warm for Houston weather.
The suppliers of peacoats for the RN were Camplin. They still make and sell them, but not to the RN anymore.......https://www.camplin.eu/en/Product-Categories/man/

I bought a Rocha John Rocha version 4 years back.

In very dark green tweed ( looks nicer than it sounds ) Lovely coat but it’s been sat in the wardrobe for two years as I went for more ‘waxed’ jackets - all RJR as I like his stuff plus they always fit perfect.

The jacket looks good with dark jeans and dark brown boots. At the risk of being ridiculed dark cord trousers/jeans go well with it too.

Anyone wear one?I am pondering getting one,any recommendations?
not that one, the buttons are silly big and slanted and definitely don't have a gauche label buttoned to the arm

I have a very nice ted baker one that I've had a few years.. doesnt get that much of an air g now I don't have to go in the office often

Dont do it now but at the time it was about 350 notes.. was pressie off the missus
I fear I may have the exact same one

GET THE PROPER COAT. From Silverman’s

Or get the leather one for a grand. I’ve used Silvermans a bit, they are good.
That's the boyo, but you'd need a tile off to pay £529 for one. I think my last one was about $300.

I have a very nice ted baker one that I've had a few years.. doesnt get that much of an air g now I don't have to go in the office often

Dont do it now but at the time it was about 350 notes.. was pressie off the missus
I've got three of those navy grey and black. They are smart as per make you feel dressy without being too dressy. I wear mine with jeans all the time, can be had on over for around £150 well worth it.

The Schott pea coats are the ones which were issued to the U.S. Navy when they were first introduced.

They're also the best.
Peacoats were introduced in the US navy in 1913. Schott did not produce a peacoat for the US navy until WW2, based on the existing design and specifications used by the original supplier, alongside other manufacturers such as Northwest Woolen Mills, Fidelity, Sterlingwear, etc. Schott stopped making Peacoats for the US navy after ww2. The current peacoats are manufactured in "the style of".
All US military issue peacoats had 13 buttons.

Anyone wear one?I am pondering getting one,any recommendations?

I've just had a look, that material looks really soft and flimsy. definitely not what a peacoat is like

I've just had a look, that material looks really soft and flimsy. definitely not what a peacoat is like
Looks like normal peacoat material to me like. At least in the photos where the lad is wearing it.

That button-on, sub-Stone-Island designer label on the arm is a bit yick though.

Peacoats were introduced in the US navy in 1913. Schott did not produce a peacoat for the US navy until WW2, based on the existing design and specifications used by the original supplier, alongside other manufacturers such as Northwest Woolen Mills, Fidelity, Sterlingwear, etc. Schott stopped making Peacoats for the US navy after ww2. The current peacoats are manufactured in "the style of".
All US military issue peacoats had 13 buttons.
Schott was the official pea coat manufacturer for the U.S. Navy and held the licence to the late 90's.

For Sea and Sidewalk A Deep Dive Into The Pea Coat

Back