PC Wayne Couzens pleads guilty to kidnap and rape of Sarah Everard

It’s not really that silly Cat. My opposition to the death penalty is well documented on here…but there are some criminals who are 100% guilty of the most disgusting, heinous crimes, beyond any level of doubt.

There’s no reason, moral, financial or philosophical why they should be allowed to live.
Yes there are very good reasons, moral, judicial, fiscal, legal, ethical and common sense etc

Kind of.

See how it it ok for the state to put someone in prison for wrong doing but if you decide to lock someone in your basement it isn't?

It's like that.

It is one thing for a criminal to shank an evil scum bastard. Quite another for the judiciary to do it.
That analogy is incorrect. It's more like two criminals locked in a basement and one decides to imprison another in a side basement. Either way you're condoning it.

Yes I understand there are laws and precedent but I am suggesting there are some cases that are outwith current boundaries. This bloke. The lads that dragged the copper to death as @Frijj said.there is clearly no place in society for these people.

That analogy is incorrect. It's more like two criminals locked in a basement and one decides to imprison another in a side basement. Either way you're condoning it.

Yes I understand there are laws and precedent but I am suggesting there are some cases that are outwith current boundaries. This bloke. The lads that dragged the copper to death as @Frijj said.there is clearly no place in society for these people.
And they’re incarcerated living a miserable existence and no longer part of society.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to die. I just think I deserve a better judicial system and there are all the other factors that make the death penalty a poor choice any way you cut it.

And they’re incarcerated living a miserable existence and no longer part of society.
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to die. I just think I deserve a better judicial system and there are all the other factors that make the death penalty a poor choice any way you cut it.
I agree I am not a fan of the death sentence but in extenuating circumstances it should be an option.

It's not really just an existence though is it. He can read the news, write letters, converse, play pool, exercise, play games consoles, speak to people. His victim who trusted him implicitly as an arm of the law doesn't get to do that.

Fuck him. As I said he just a piece of flesh and bone. An extremely evil one. A piece of awful organic material capable of the worst acts. Yeah fuck him.

I agree I am not a fan of the death sentence but in extenuating circumstances it should be an option.

It's not really just an existence though is it. He can read the news, write letters, converse, play pool, exercise, play games consoles, speak to people. His victim who trusted him implicitly as an arm of the law doesn't get to do that.

Fuck him. As I said he just a piece of flesh and bone. An extremely evil one. A piece of awful organic material capable of the worst acts. Yeah fuck him.
I totally understand your view but in practice it just does not work like that, nor should it.

So I do hope he has a horrible time in prison and gets beaten badly on the regular.

Differing views make the world go around
It is the application by the state that is the issue. Just this one time it seems totally appropriate I agree but it would not just be this one time.
It is expensive and morally and ethically wrong and practically a poor choice.
So yes i too want him dead or really wishing he was dead anyway. The implementation of that by the state is more complex than whether or not this scum deserves it or not though.

Yes there are very good reasons, moral, judicial, fiscal, legal, ethical and common sense etc

Can you name any?

I can’t fathom how a reasonable person can weigh up all the information and determine that he should be allowed to exist.

Perhaps you can enlighten me.
It is the application by the state that is the issue. Just this one time it seems totally appropriate I agree but it would not just be this one time.
It is expensive and morally and ethically wrong and practically a poor choice.
So yes i too want him dead or really wishing he was dead anyway. The implementation of that by the state is more complex than whether or not this scum deserves it or not though.

So you want him dead you just want someone else to do the state’s dirty work?

That’s fine I guess. There’ll be a long line of people who’d jump at the chance.

I don’t strongly disagree with you. This guy is an absolute piece of shit and I don’t have a shred of sympathy for him at all. What he done, coupled with the power he abused, was one of the most heinous acts I’ve ever known.

Hopefully, his life will be nothing more than fearing someone is going to give him a hiding, or worse, and is filled with mental torture.

But state sanctioned executions are a slippery slope, where would you draw the line for it to happen or not, and there’s always the threat of condemning an innocent to death.

Can you name any?

I can’t fathom how a reasonable person can weigh up all the information and determine that he should be allowed to exist.

Perhaps you can enlighten me.

So you want him dead you just want someone else to do the state’s dirty work?

That’s fine I guess. There’ll be a long line of people who’d jump at the chance.
I think I've kind of covered this. It isn't about shirking responsibility but limiting the scope of the state. Death penalty costs more, is not full proof, is ethically and morally wrong, the ramifications are more profound than whether or not his man deserves it or not.
Let's not forget that the Home Secretary who would have a hand in this asked of she could kill refugees.

Another one. Possibly carve out a some sort of life for himself inside daily hot shower, shave, warm cell, eat and drink 3 meals and snacks every day, read, write, exercise, education, recreational drugs, visitors, paper romance with other fuck ups, establish himself in the prison hierarchy etc, pandered to by shrinks etc, etc.

It’s not really that silly Cat. My opposition to the death penalty is well documented on here…but there are some criminals who are 100% guilty of the most disgusting, heinous crimes, beyond any level of doubt.

There’s no reason, moral, financial or philosophical why they should be allowed to live.
There are no criminals who are 100% guilty marra.

I think I've kind of covered this. It isn't about shirking responsibility but limiting the scope of the state. Death penalty costs more, is not full proof, is ethically and morally wrong, the ramifications are more profound than whether or not his man deserves it or not.
Let's not forget that the Home Secretary who would have a hand in this asked of she could kill refugees.

I don’t disagree with you. I have argued against the death penalty on here, but it would only cost so much if it was a routine punishment.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on the morality and ethics. I don’t quite understand how you can say you’d be happy with Couzens falling victim to death by inmate violence, but not happy about the state ending his life. That does puzzle me.

We know he is guilty, guilty of the most abhorrent crime, I see no value in him being alive. It would cost nothing right now to put a bullet between his eyes.
There are no criminals who are 100% guilty marra.

Can you explain how he isn’t guilty?

Another one. Possibly carve out a some sort of life for himself inside daily hot shower, shave, warm cell, eat and drink 3 meals and snacks every day, read, write, exercise, education, recreational drugs, visitors, paper romance with other fuck ups, establish himself in the prison hierarchy etc, pandered to by shrinks etc, etc.
Oh this case was just so horrific. I can't bear to think of it. Death penalty is too good for some.

I'd like them tortured everyday for a very long time.

Should have his tariff increased.

If crimes against police are considered above crimes against civilians, the opposite should hold.

I'm ambivalent on capital punishment but I think there are instances where it is warranted. This is one. The world would be a better place without that person in it.
Hasn’t he got an actual whole life term?

Would class if they just kept his corpse locked up like

Back