PC Wayne Couzens pleads guilty to kidnap and rape of Sarah Everard

Aye an absolutely heart breaking and terrifying case, he hasn't had to plead to a murder charge yet as they're waiting for medical reports or summat (that'll be done at the hearing in July I think).
He’s accepted responsibility for her death though. Wouldn’t like to even begin speculating about what it means but it sounds grim

While that's accurate I don't think that's remotely fair to lump all the other officers in with the actions of this one awful person.
Also, that protest was fine until some others came along and started trouble which put said officers in a hell of a difficult position.
Had they not turned up, that protest would have probably happened peacefully and without incident.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Coastguard?

I had a feeling he’d plead not guilty for the notoriety. Hopefully gets the book thrown at him.

I wasn't sure if they were waiting for medical information that would shed light on how she died and/or how deliberate it was?
Yeah I’m guessing it’s because there’s a call to be made between murder and manslaughter. Seems unusual that they would still need further medial info after 3 months though.

Back